The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37280 - 10/13/03 09:02 PM Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've read ina couple online newsletters taht November 15th is I Love To Write Day. I would like to make a suggestion for all the women writers in here. Why don't we take that day (or another one close to it) and spend it submitting our work. Either that or cranking out new articles to submit.

The only way to get acceptance letters is to submit, submit, submit! [Razz]

What do you think? [Wink]

#37281 - 10/13/03 10:01 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
count me in! Remember, for every person out there who tells you NO, there is a person who will tell you YES!

I think I can...I think I can...I know I can...I know.... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#37282 - 10/16/03 09:47 AM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Wow, you girls are inspiring! I write. I have always written. I used to submit articles years ago and got some pretty decent rejection letters but then got busy/discouraged/lost interest/went back to work.....and quit doing it. So... I'm kind of like starting from scratch....so I'd need to go get a Writer's Market and figure out my audience, right? Why does that make me cringe? It's just always soooo... *lay yourself out there* And I really could kick myself because I love to write and I think I'm fairly decent at it. It's that first step that's so hard for me.

#37283 - 10/16/03 03:19 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DK, please check ou the LINKS on my site. There are many women who have started freelancing later in life and are very inspirational to others. IF you would like, I can email you newsletters and sites that are of interest to freelancing women. [Wink] What do you say.

I think your style of "lay yourself out there" is what sells!

People are curious about other's lives and when they can read honesty on paper...it doesn't get any better thatn that.

I also have a couple great bookd to recommend if you have that kind of writing style:

bird by bird, by Anne LaMott
Writing To Save Your LIfe, by Michelle Weldon
Spiritual Writing, by Deborah Levine Herman with Cnthis Black

All three will make you want to write and never stop! [Big Grin]

#37284 - 10/16/03 03:27 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

DK,
You are not starting over...you are re-inventing your life...I say go for it girl!

If you do what you always done, you'll be where you've always been....heh? [Big Grin]

#37285 - 10/16/03 10:08 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
You two are just wonderful breaths of fresh air. The relationships between women never cease to amaze me. They are so rich, so gracious, so wide open. I find the same thing with my close friends here. Either I've managed to pick very well or we've all just been drawn together but I find it's probably one of the richest parts of my life and I include both of you, Dotsie and jawjaw, to be part of that. Thank you so much for the encouragement and inspiration. You are both wonderful.

DreamrK

#37286 - 10/16/03 11:26 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

well isn't that just dandy...good grief...now I have to add YET ANOTHER name to my Christmas list...does it ever end?????????

[Wink]

#37287 - 11/11/03 10:08 PM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Let's not forget the 15th is coming up. Since I'm not really working as a freelancer I don't have lots to submit. I do have an article about adoption that I will submit to a few places that day...just for the fun of it. [Wink]

#37288 - 11/12/03 02:35 AM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
oh pooh -- [Frown]

i went and wasted all my "submits" this past weekend instead of waiting until the 15th [Smile]

oh well -- guess i'll just have to find more places to "submit" [Big Grin]

DK -- i think people would love to hear your story/stories -- you shoot from the hip -- and that's refreshing -- people can relate to you and you have a way of making people like you immediately (except when you make me use big words that i have to look up how to spell [Wink] )

so -- and i think i've heard this somewhere before -- go for it [Smile]

#37289 - 11/12/03 04:11 AM Re: Nov. 15, I love to write day
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

That's another amen from me to LPaws to DK...do I hear another one sisters? DK has it going on and doesn't even know it. Those are the best writers if you ask me...like LP...same thing. [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved