The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37082 - 05/31/06 06:26 PM Charms?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I am designing a necklace to celebrate women who have escaped abusive relationships. I've been on the Internet looking at sterling silver charms. I need the charms to be small (around 18-23 mm) or it will be over-powering.

I bought my DIL a Faith Necklace a few years ago and I'm following the same design pattern. It has the following charms: fish, bible, cross, heart that says faith on it and a red stone for the blood of Christ. It's really a great necklace but has the small, pewter charms. I prefer the sterling silver.

I'm about to go blind doing this research so decided that I would ask you gals if you know of any great sites that offer wonderful charms?

#37083 - 06/01/06 07:00 AM Re: Charms?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dianne, this is a website I built for someone a few years back. I don't think she stays up with it much, but she has lots of charms on there.

http://www.goodie2shoez.com

Maybe if you email her (Karen Smith), she can tell you where she buys the charms wholesale - just tell her I referred you and what you're doing. Good luck!

Kathy

#37084 - 06/01/06 07:14 AM Re: Charms?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dianne,
Wouldn't it be cool to have a:

1.Hand - to symbolize someone lifted them up by their caring hands.
2. Tear - to show they shed tears, but no more.
3. Bear - to show that all things are bearable with help and love AND Bear hugs.
4. Umbrella - to show that there are ports in any storm.
5. Sunflower - to show that life CAN be full of sunshine and flowers

Just some suggestions...I bet the other ladies here could come up with some good ones....yes? Jump in girls!

JJ

#37085 - 05/31/06 08:09 PM Re: Charms?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks for the help. I already had a hand with a heart in the middle indicating a helping hand out of the situation.

And, a clear stone for a tear drop.

Maybe a butterfly for metamorphasis. (sp)

A hand mirror for finally being able to see the true woman.

A heart or a simple charm that says courage or wisdom.

I appreciate any input!

#37086 - 06/01/06 12:27 AM Re: Charms?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well it sounds like to me you've already thought this over VERY WELL! I love the ideas you have, and I have always felt that charms were FOR ME, you know what I mean? Personal. So I know this gift will bring joy to the receiver.

I have a charm bracelet that I've just started just for this very reason, because it reminded me of one I use to have, and all of the special charms on it from those I love. What I wouldn't give to find that bracelet now!

JJ

#37087 - 06/01/06 03:36 AM Re: Charms?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One of the only pieces of jewelry I cherish and wear is a charm bracelet I sarted many years ago. It contains a gold frog with emerald eyes, a porpoise with a pearl its playing with, 2 hearts for my sons, a gold bird, a tear drop pearl for my Eddie. I have trouble finding gold charms now because they are not cheap. I need more charms one of these days.

#37088 - 06/02/06 07:33 AM Re: Charms?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I have a charm bracelet from all of the places where we've traveled. I even have a charm from the Vatican! I'm going to pass it on to my oldest granddaughter with a note, telling what each charm represents. I won't give it to her until she's responsible enough to not lose it. Maybe when she's 50?! At the rate she's going, it looks like she's going to be that age before she gets it together!!!! [Eek!]

If any of you have anymore ideas for charms, let me know. I like all the ones I've gotten (JJ!). I especially like the umbrella one.

#37089 - 06/01/06 09:18 PM Re: Charms?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh Hun...don't wait till she's 50! That's when my memory started failing....

Somewhere in between 35-42...that should be a safe zone.

What about a telephone? Signifying that help is only a phone call away?

JJ

#37090 - 06/02/06 06:42 PM Re: Charms?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I've told her she can call me anytime she wants or needs--collect but she doesn't. She doesn't like to answer questions. I don't drill her but I do want her to get her life in gear. Lordy, they scare me sometimes. Especially the girls because so much more can happen to them.

#37091 - 06/02/06 06:54 PM Re: Charms?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I hear you on the comment about girls. I have one leaving for college in the fall. For some reason, I'm more concerned about her thatn the guys. I recall my parents feeling the same way with my three sisters and me, compared to my brother.

Tell us what you are goin to do with this charm bracelet. I can envision it in gift stores all over the country. They could create a tremendous awareness for domestic violence. This could be huge!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved