The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36788 - 05/07/05 06:47 AM Dollhouses
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Anyone have a dollhouse and collect miniatures? I used to do this for a hobby years ago and recently wanted to again. I just bought a small 7 room colonial. Like I didn't have enough to do.
Louisa

#36789 - 05/07/05 07:41 AM Re: Dollhouses
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have a dollhouse. It's a lot like the house where I live. I love it. I made a lot of the furniture and decorations myself. But that's been a while back.
I joined a dollhouse club. Maybe you could find one where you live. They're fun.
smile

#36790 - 05/07/05 09:01 AM Re: Dollhouses
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I used to have several of them years ago. I had some neighbors who all had one. We used to make the little things all day long. We had a lot of fun. I salvaged a few pieces from what was left of my furniture and accessories a couple of weeks ago when my son moved out of our old house. I bought a new one and started all over again. Someone donated one to the nursing home where I work. It is quite huge. It's worth $5000. It's gorgeous. Has closets and everything. It got me wanting one again. But boy the stuff is expensive now. I just made some curtains for the bedroom. It's a lot cheaper than buying them. I'm pretty sure there are clubs around here. I have to find some places to buy stuff. The store I've been going to doesn't have much. I see a ton of stuff online. It's fun.
Louisa

#36791 - 05/07/05 11:21 AM Re: Dollhouses
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have one that a guy was going to throw away. I saw him and asked him if I could have it. He gave it to me. Its huge, homemade and beautiful! It only had three rooms though. I got it before Lea (my grandbeauty) was born. I want to decorate it for her.

JJ

#36792 - 05/09/05 05:43 PM Re: Dollhouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a hard enough time keeping curtains on my house windows!

I see them in shops and wish I could decorate my own home as well.

I love the idea of doing one for a grandbaby.

#36793 - 05/17/05 11:59 AM Re: Dollhouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

LOL, I agree with you, Dotsie. Recently I just happened to look up at my second floor windows as I was leaving and realize that I need emergency window treatment.

JJ, I like that name for your grandbabe. I may have to try it out on my little new beauty. I'll let you know if she smiles wide enough. Don't worry, I'll let her know where I got the name from.

I never imagined that such a small little prize could bring such joy as to make grown women want to build and paint and decorate such tedious objects as dollhouses. I'm in!

My daughter may get a part-time summer job at Micheal's and that would be lovely! (familiar craft store to you all around the country?).

[ May 17, 2005, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

#36794 - 05/17/05 04:09 PM Re: Dollhouses
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh cool Sug! You have a new grandbaby? How sweet is that? Yes, I'm very familiar with Michaels...I love that place. I work jigsaw "theme" puzzles and glue/frame them. I get all of my glass and frames from Michaels. And a lot of other things too. As a matter of fact, Michaels is where I failed cake-decorating class. But that's another story for another time. Congrats on the grandbeauty! (A term I borrowed from our own, Lionspaaw/Carolyn)

JJ

#36795 - 05/17/05 08:14 PM Re: Dollhouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes! I've got a six month old grandbeauty! She's adorable and look just like me and my beloved exhubby too. I just can't stop hugging and kissing her when she's around. She was born to my family, via my son, during some extremely emotional moments so all of that love was transfered to her. That was around the time when my exhubby passed, actually a week later, she was born. Actually, she looked just like my beloved so we all just sat around staring at her, poor thing- if she could speak, she wouldve probably asked what we were staring at. [Eek!]

So, you failed cake baking huh? I failed drawing 101 (stick people!) Oddly enough, I can only paint/draw when I'm extremely sad or pissed. I'm going to take this drawing class at Michael's to see what my happy fingers can come up with. I fantasize being able to draw what's inside of me (and not my organs either, Miss JJ!) LOL.

[ May 17, 2005, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved