The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36526 - 07/28/04 04:05 PM Crochet Lovers?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I love to crochet. I use to spend a lot of my time crocheting. Still love to... There is something about starting a project so delicate and intricate... and watch it bloom right before your eyes! [Smile] O, the joy of creating!

[Wink] Just wish my day had more hours in it. I still crochet once in a while, specially when I need a special gift or something that spells out "Pure Love"!

[Cool] The way I see it... crocheting or a handmade gift cries out:"Love". Maybe cause of the time spent creating, the thought, the creativity, just all the little details that make a handmade gift so special...

#36527 - 07/28/04 04:22 PM Re: Crochet Lovers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
FYI-Lionspaww once owned a knitting shop!

My aunt taught me to crochet as a child, but I can't sit still long enough. [Eek!]

#36528 - 07/28/04 05:14 PM Re: Crochet Lovers?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Love to knit and crochet! Absolutely...and when my sight was better, I did the cross-stitch thing, cross stitching sweatshirts, socks, hats,...if it wasn't moving, I cross-stitched on it. I'm not very good at crocheting though and wish I were. Reason being I taught myself how to do these things..can you say LIMITED BRAIN CAPACITY? It's great therapy though, eh?

I would love to take a class on it, and also on tatting...I think that tiny thread is beautiful! My hats off to you Songbird, I bet you've made some beautiful things...

#36529 - 07/28/04 08:41 PM Re: Crochet Lovers?
Songbird Offline

Queen:
Ever tried to crochet by following a diagram? I kinda taught myself to crochet and with the help of magazines such as "Magic Crochet", I learned different stitches. The diagrams help you follow the pattern and give you a glimpse of what the finished article will be like. I just love it! But you know what? I also love to just imagine something and crochet away till I get it the way I dream!

Crochet is very relaxing for me. And it allows you to be creative! I still have yarn, and crochet thread, plus my hooks. I rather crochet with thread... it's more delicate.

#36530 - 07/28/04 08:56 PM Re: Crochet Lovers?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
No I haven't...I suppose I put crocheting on the back burner when I started writing, but you know what, winter's coming on and it might be a good time to pull some of that stuff out again. Especially since I have this new grandbaby on the way! Oct. 13th! yahoooo....Litte Lea...

JJ

#36531 - 07/28/04 09:46 PM Re: Crochet Lovers?
Songbird Offline

Jaw Jaw:
Baby on the way is a great opportunity to try your hand at something special for the little one, huh?

[Smile] Booties, bibs, blankets, sweaters, bonnets... So many cuties to choose from!

Happy crocheting!

#36532 - 07/29/04 02:08 AM Re: Crochet Lovers?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In my younger days I taught myself how to crfochet and did round lap size afhgans. I gave them for gifts and some people show me that they still have them on their beds or sofas etc. I loved the soft beautiful colors the yarns came in and when my daughter-in-law was expecting my grandson, I made her a baby bunting that she got many compliments on. Probably couldn't do it again if I tried. I still have several afghans here sealed in plastic, I may take to the craft fair.....It is so relaxing to crochet.

#36533 - 07/29/04 02:15 AM Re: Crochet Lovers?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I remember my mother crocheting. Our house was cold in the winter, and Mom would snuggle up with my sister and I and crochet while we read books. She made doilies a lot of other things.
The thing I loved most was a little pink bonnet, sweater and boorties for my baby doll. I was the only one in the neighborhood with one. Wish I had it now.
smile

#36534 - 07/29/04 02:30 AM Re: Crochet Lovers?
Songbird Offline

I was about 19 when I was learning to crochet. I was in the church choir and one guy saw me with my crochet bag. I'll never forget what he told me: "Go ahead, learn to crochet, so that when you're a granny, you may relax in your rocking chair while you crochet".

#36535 - 07/31/04 08:06 PM Re: Crochet Lovers?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I still have alot of patterns, books and yarn ladies -- if you need anything.

When my grandbeauty was born I crochetted a blanket with big squares -- 3 across -- one baby pink, one baby blue and one soft yellow ( and then alternated the different colored squares throughout the blanket). In each square was a cat made from the popcorn stitch -- it turned out SOOOOooo kewl [Smile]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved