Not certain where I should post, yet here it is.

A coworker's husband was arrested nearly two (2) decades ago for possession and selling drugs (not certain what kind). They were found in his vehicle trunk. He went to jail (Federal?) for 5 years. Has worked since, yet somehow skims the system. For instance, he actually gets disability (construction related) and worked a construction job in the State Capital (gosh, wonder what kind of background check was performed). Apparantly, money was never located for the sale of drugs (not certain how much weight in drugs was found in the trunk). Yet, now, today, they have a lake house, motor home, new vehicle, remodeling home (i.e., new kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, etc.) and vacations. He no longer works and collects disability. Hmmmm, is there a myster here?

Another mystery:

Neighbor across street's wife apparantly died of an 'accidental' gunshot wound to herself 3 years ago. Just a few months b/4 the 'accidental' death, husband increased her life insurance policy. They have only one child who is estranged -- does not like father. The gun that caused the 'accident' had been loaded by the husband and left in the house for her protection b/c there had been neighborhood bugalries. Now, most responsible gun owners keep the weapon and ammo not loaded and separate from each other; yet, readily available. Soon after his wife's 'accidental' death, he began to seek the comfort of neighboring women, to include myself. These women were either single, like myself, or stay at home moms -- women he though he could take care of or intimidate. We soon learned of his 'intentions' and kept barriers. He event went so far as to bang hard enough on a married women's (stay at home w/ 3 children while husband in middle east) door to the point it shook, frightening her and children. He stopped me in the mall and pushed me down onto a bench to 'talk'. Nearly 6 mths after his wife's funeral, he's had girlfriends come and go. To this day he says hateful and dishonest things as I walk by. I distance myself from him. Spooky.

Got any mysteries in your neighborhood?