The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#219604 - 10/28/13 12:19 AM What Would Be On YOUR List of 50 Things?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I just saw this list of "50 Things I've Learned in 50-Some Years" and had to read it.

It's a fun list. Loved the one about "If my legs can rock a miniskirt, then I'm wearing one."

And, "If I want to sing in the car, I'm gonna sing in the car. And maybe even move my body a little. I don't care who might be looking through my window. They're strangers, after all. They can think whatever they want to think."

But I wonder what else we've learned? For me I've learned that "It is very important to make time to take care of yourself. If I won't do it, no one else will."

What would you add to the list?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219609 - 10/29/13 02:39 AM Re: What Would Be On YOUR List of 50 Things? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This was harder to answer than at first glance...there are so many things I'd like to have known when I was younger instead of having to have to go through all the crap I went through to learn it so late in life.

Shoes and exercise are my two biggies...I'm wearing orthotics (and oft-times ugly orthotic-friendly shoes) because I wore cheap shoes for most of my life and they hurt my feet. So I learned the hard way that it pays to buy good decent walking shoes...and I also learned the hard way not to walk out of the store with shoes that hurt because the salesperson promised they'd stretch. They never did, and I was never able to wear them.

And exercise. I was ridiculed in school by a terrible physical education teacher, who was my PE teacher all the way from grade 7 to the middle of grade 11, when my father finally stepped in and ordered the school to switch me to a new teacher (who was wonderful). But the damage had already been done, and I hated sports and exercise for my entire life. Now I'm paying for that too in many ways. And still finding it difficult to motivate myself to do what needs to be done.

Maybe the most valuable lesson I've learned is that "this too shall pass" because most things do eventually. And relevant to that one, that my attitude is probably the greatest key to getting myself through anything and everything that life can throw at me.

It's hard to narrow it down. I've learned so much just in the past few years that would have made all the difference had I known them earlier in my life.

(Maya Angelou)

#219613 - 10/30/13 11:48 PM Re: What Would Be On YOUR List of 50 Things? [Re: Eagle Heart]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
On my list would include:

1) I'm getting louder with age.
2) I've learned to speak up in crowds and not care so much about what people think of me.
3) But fearlessness, can mean foolishness.
4) Returning to cycling while you can still walk: is never too late.
5) I never dreamt I would be visiting out of town place, out of country places by bike.
6) My mother's cuisine/diet lst 20 years, is the base foundation of my good health ..for life.
7) Someone who looks happy is crumbling in her life/inside.
8) That I want to retire now..I though I would love my job until retirement. (I don't hate it, but I'm tired of earning money to live. I have another 10 years to work.)
9) The Internet: it never existed until I was around 27 yrs. (Don't you remember pre-Internet life.)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved