The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#166989 - 12/04/08 05:32 PM Meeting Up in London
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It has happened once again. Three Boomer Women have met, laughed, cried and enjoyed each other's company because of meeting on this site.

Dennis and I spent last weekend with Lola and Poppie, and we were a quartet made in heaven! We visited churches, museums and ate meals together.

This is such a great site for meeting new world wide friends. Thanks Dots.

Sorry, but we all were so busy hugging and getting to know each other that we forgot to take pictures.

In two more weeks I have some time off and one of my goals is to catch up here. Until then, Cheers!

Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#166994 - 12/04/08 06:37 PM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
OH Ann, I thought alot about you and your Boomer meeting! How wonderful that you all could meet this time, and with Lola too!
Was Dennis able to get a word in edge wise?
I've done that...not taken photos because we were having too much fun. The best photographs are in your memory.:-)

#167016 - 12/05/08 12:17 AM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hip, hip hoorah!!!! More of us Boomers meeting and this time across the pond. This cyber world of ours has come to life more that once now, isn't that grand...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#167033 - 12/05/08 06:36 AM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Cool!

#167035 - 12/05/08 07:16 AM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: Edelweiss3
Was Dennis able to get a word in edge wise?

Oh, yes. And on Sunday afternoon, as we made our way to the Tate, Dennis even sang to me: "Lola lo-lo-lo-lo Lola..." by the Kinks! Dennis and I also went on a date smile on Wednesday night and we had a really faaaaaaaaaab time rockin'-n-a-rollin' cool

Both of us clapped and sang along to "All we hear is Radio ga ga...Radio goo goo...Radio ga ga..." cool cool cool We'd have pleased Freddie Mercury.

#167036 - 12/05/08 08:10 AM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Lola when are you coming to Germany? I wanna sing with you toooo!

BTW, how is the financial crisis in London? Are you feeling any of it? The forecast for Germany is bad, although they claim here, that they are the strongest financially in Europe. But who knows...those politicians all toot their own horns.

#167048 - 12/05/08 01:39 PM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, your post is so uplifting. I'm so happy to hear of your meeting. I'm proud of you all for making a point to gather together again. And I marvel at your sheer determination to travel with Dennis! Every bit of it is beautiful. And Poppie too! How cool is that?

#167063 - 12/05/08 05:59 PM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, Lola and Dennis had a date on Wednesday. They left me, reluctantly, I think, at the hotel, coughing and minding my fever. They went to see the musical based on Queen's music. Dennis was still flying high the next day.

Dennis had met Poppie last winter and adores her. When he met Lola, all he could say was what a wonderful woman. I've mentioned how he enjoys the company of women, but he found my two London girlfriends especially great. They both fawned over him relentlessly. He sucked every bit of it up.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#167087 - 12/05/08 10:35 PM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Anno]
Lola Offline

I am glad Dennis enjoyed the show. So sorry you had taken ill and could not come along, Ann.

You should have seen us in the hall outside your room when we came back from the show. Dennis and I tried to slip in quietly without disturbing you but, the key card to your room would not work. While we fumbled with it, I was trying hard not to break into a laugh because we looked like kids trying to get back into the house waaaaaaaay after curfew. I asked Dennis: "What? Should we knock? But, it says Sssssssh..." laugh

Oh, we also almost gatecrashed a Christmas party next door on the way back up to the hotel. The black cab let us off where we took the lift from downstairs and there were men who were just too keen to show us the way to the party. So, that was a giggle.

I thoroughly enjoyed the visits with both of you and look forward to the next time.

And, miracle of miracles, Ann. The black cabs we used had functioning ramps! We wheeled in and wheeled out.

#167088 - 12/05/08 10:42 PM Re: Meeting Up in London [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Originally Posted By: Edelweiss3
Lola when are you coming to Germany? I wanna sing with you toooo!

Kommen sie hier, bitte! Ja? Summertime would be best, then we can all troop up to Edinburgh to meet Mountain Ash at the festival.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved