The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 188 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#135289 - 12/19/07 01:56 AM Being Recognized...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The novels I am working on have turned out to be so time consuming I haven't had time for much else, BUT I am so thrilled with the resuts, as is the woman whose life story it is. She has kindly offered to list me on the book as the CO-WRITER rather than my being invisible as the ghost writer. I am thrilled!! These novels, are already in demand and aren't even available yet. Be watching for novel number one, TORY'S SECRETS, soon to be available...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#135290 - 12/20/07 06:29 AM Re: Being Recognized... [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
That's fantastic chatty, and I bet well deserved!

#135291 - 12/20/07 10:27 AM Re: Being Recognized... [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wow Chatty, getting the recognition you deserve is so important.. Have you ever thought about writing your own novel?

#135292 - 12/20/07 11:11 AM Re: Being Recognized... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes and I have many notes down on paper, but not until my mother is gone. I lived a very wild life at times and want to be completely honest so its better that I wait. My dear mother would never understand some of the choices I've made and I wouldn't want to embarrass her...She doesn't know what a wild child she had in me.

#135293 - 12/20/07 12:06 PM Re: Being Recognized... [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Wow, Chatty....congrats! What a feeling of accomplishment it must be! We've joked about a boomer babe book but, you know, with all our experiences, I bet people would gobble it up. I, too, could tell a whole lot more in a book....after my Dad is gone...same reasons. I would not dare to go into some of my choices here on the board. How good would it feel to just let it all out in writing! But I digress...Chatty, what a great opportunity for you....can't wait to read it!

#135294 - 12/20/07 04:46 PM Fantastic... [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Congratulations, Chatty! Writing is so time consuming. Plus it isn't the easiest thing in the world to communicate what's in one's head and have the reader understand your exact intention. I'm so happy that you're being acknowledged. I'm not a big fan of ghost writing because of what's involved.
Writing is good therapy but it's also a hard, hard job. By the way, I'm so far behind the rest of the boomers in their book club reading because I'm working on one manuscript, with another in the wings. And then there's the full time housekeeping thing. But I just started Elizabeth Gilbert's, "eat, pray, love." And now I'm embarrassed that I signed off so many of my posts with [Ciao for now]. I'm only up to "Bead 7" but at the end of Bead 6, Elizabeth writes, [I became one of those annoying people who always say CIAO.] Well, when my son
married an Italian girl back in '85, I studied Italian. I have many self-teaching tapes and books and dictionaries. My books all say Ciao means a familiar Hi or goodbye. So I apologize, if I annoyed anybody! I do like this book and think Elizabeth's writing is extremely entertaining.
Again, congrats! Prayers and blessings,
bonnierose

Edited by bonnierose333 (12/20/07 04:49 PM)

#135295 - 12/21/07 11:52 AM Re: Being Recognized... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Bonnie, I doubt anyone noticed, let alone became aggrivated at the use of the salutation CIAO, its a good Italian word, meaning hello or goodbye. I love writing in general but ghostwriting, other than a good paycheck, leaves an empty feeling in my gut. Right from the start you have to sign a confidentiallity agreement to never tell you wrote their book, they take all the credit. Thats why this is so exciting for me, to actually get (some) credit for my work.
Now to all, I will say CIAO!!! LOL...

#135296 - 12/21/07 02:08 PM You're so coooooooool... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
You warm my heart. Thanks for cheering me up! Yes, I can
see how you would be left with an emptiness, after a ghost writing project. So, I'm so glad you're getting credit for all that hard work. Don't think I could make myself sign
a confidentiality agreement. Anyone that writes a marketable product, should be honored for their ability.
It's NO easy task!
Prayers and blessings,
bonnie rose

#135297 - 12/21/07 02:28 PM Re: You're so coooooooool... [Re: jabber]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Bonnierose, I also felt sad when you mentioned that maybe you shouldn't be saying "Ciao...because why?? Because someone says they find it annoying???? Too bad, tough cookies....Saying "Ciao" was your trademark....I loved it!!! So there. And CIAO for now...

#135298 - 12/21/07 11:25 PM Re: You're so coooooooool... [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Bonnierose... I thought it was great that you had an identifier, such as CIAO... please don't stop using it!!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved