The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 30 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2354 - 03/01/05 03:03 AM Girlfriends- YES!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know who writes these things, but I wish they'd give themselves credit by putting their names at the bottom. This is one of my favs!

WONDERFUL WOMEN IN MY CIRCLE

When I was little, I used to believe in the concept of one best friend, and then I started to become a woman. And then I found out that if you allow your heart to open up, God would show
you the best in many friends.

One friend's best is needed when you're going through things with your children. Another friend's best is needed when you're going through
things with your mom. Another when you want to shop, share, heal,hurt, joke, or just be.

One friend will say let's pray together, another let's cry together,another let's fight together, another let's walk away together.

One friend will meet your spiritual need, another your shoe fetish,another your love for movies, another will be with you in your season of confusion, another will be your clarifier!, another the wind beneath your wings.

But whatever their assignment in your life, or whatever the occasion,or whatever the day, or whereever you need them to meet you with their
gym shoes on and hair pulled back or to hold you back from making a complete fool of yourself .. those are your friends.

It may all be wrapped up in one woman, but for many it's wrapped up in several .. one from 7th grade, one from high school, several from the
college years, a couple from old jobs, several from church, on some days your mother, on others your sisters, and on some days it's the one that you needed just for that day or week that you needed someone with a fresh perspective, or the one who didn't know all your baggage, or the
one who would just listen without judging... those are good girlfriends/best friends.

I thank my girlfriends, those who honor intimacy, those who hold trust, and those who hold me up when life is just too heavy!

The special bond we share is unique.

Thanks for the words we've shared. The prayers we've sent up. The laughs, the tears, the phone calls, the emails, the shopping, the movies, the lunches, the dinners, the talking,, talking
and the listening, listening, listening...

So whether you've been there 20 minutes or 50 years, I love you!

-------------------------------------------------

The author forgot to mention BWS Forums friends!
[Wink]

#2355 - 09/07/05 05:07 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now this is definitely worth everyone reading. Leave it to Dotsie to say it best...

#2356 - 09/07/05 05:14 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Absolutely beautiful! I wish I could say I wrote this eloquently!

JJ

#2357 - 09/07/05 07:12 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Kate is and has been my best friend for over 25 years. I love her so much that I wish she was my sister as well as my best friend.

Up until a few months ago, for various reasons, Kate was my only girlfriend. Reading Dotsie's post makes me recognize how full of blessing my life is now because of all you women here.

#2358 - 09/07/05 12:40 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
I need friends like this! WAAAA!

#2359 - 09/07/05 06:47 PM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
And Karen, isn't it almost impossible to find them at our age?! But this is a great place to start...we might not be able to do lunch (although Chick here makes great virtual cakes), or shopping (well, Dotsie's got connections to an online mall right here on this site), or phone calls (but PM's are the next best thing), but every kind of friend that Dotsie mentioned in her girlfriend thing can be found right here.

It's a beginning.

#2360 - 09/08/05 07:57 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I haven't had a best friend in over 20 years. Sometimes I would cry out to God to send me one, now that I look back, I haven't made that plea since I found this site. God bless you all for your love and support.

Sherri

#2361 - 09/08/05 01:18 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Eagle Heart, you're right. I'm also a part of another women's forum, queenpower.com and I find that I have more friends between the two than I've ever had. And you're right Sherri.

#2362 - 09/08/05 01:59 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Some of my best friends are long distance. We may not talk all of the time but when we do, it's wonderful. I love them dearly.

#2363 - 09/08/05 05:01 AM Re: Girlfriends- YES!
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I am feeling lost right now without my best friend.
Her birthday is Sunday & I bought her a card. I have only written the envelope out.
We have only spoken once the past 2 months--and she was cold towards me.
She seems to be getting her life back in order--& is shutting me out even more. Only now she's treating me like the enemy.
I will give it one more try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved