The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#2514 - 06/12/05 10:52 PM FABULOUS GirlFriend!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Mary Lois, my friend of twenty-five years, came to visit me this weekend and it was like having a vacation! I am speechless at what an absolute and complete balm to my spirit her visit bestowed upon me. I don't have close friends where we now live and my spirit has absolutely hungered for female companionship. What a *gift* from God that Mary Lois was able to visit.

MAN OH MAN do I feel really great!

#2515 - 06/12/05 11:11 PM Re: FABULOUS GirlFriend!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thistle, I'm glad to hear you've been refreshed by a friendship. In life, relationships are what really matter.

Where does she live? Sounds like you need to plan a trip to see her next.

#2516 - 06/13/05 01:42 AM Re: FABULOUS GirlFriend!
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think we too often don't take the time to do something like this ... especially when it comes to visiting other friends. There's always something that gets in the way.

While I'm here in Germany, the one thing I do is that my daughter and my two sisters and I do a yahoo IM with each other every Sunday evening (my time). It's great. I'll be chatting with each of them and sometimes they chat with each other at the same time (even though they all live in the same town -- lol). We tried a conference thingy but it got way too crazy. Anyway, these are the women I'm closest too and it's nice that we can at least do that. And sometimes we do the web cams, especially on holidays. It's really helped me through some rough times.

Still, there ain't nothin' like the real thing.

Blessings, Francine

#2517 - 06/18/05 04:22 AM Re: FABULOUS GirlFriend!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
We need to take the time to tell the people we love that we love them and go out of our way to see them if at all possible, you never know when it might be too late...I am finding this out lately much to my dismay.... [Frown]

#2518 - 06/18/05 11:30 PM Re: FABULOUS GirlFriend!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I know the feeling Chatty.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved