The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#2422 - 04/11/05 06:08 PM Calling Meredith!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Am I missing her posts or is she traveling, working, playing, doing whatever? Miss you and your messages! [Cool]

#2423 - 04/12/05 02:06 AM Re: Calling Meredith!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Haven't seen hide nor hair of our sweet Meredith either, bet shes busy creating wonderful pieces for all the fairs and selling opportunities coming up. Plus being the Poet lauriate must be a time consuming responsibility as well...Hope alls well with her after her cactus fiasco. [Roll Eyes]

#2424 - 04/12/05 08:26 PM Re: Calling Meredith!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is funny. I emailed her yesterday morning to see where she's been. She is busy with her craft shows and will be back in a couple days.

Do yourself a favor and check out her jewelry. I have bought quite a bit. It's beautifully created and arrives within a couple days. You can get to her site through one of her posts, or in the Women's Atrisans section on the LINKS page.

#2425 - 04/13/05 10:13 AM Re: Calling Meredith!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm here!!! I'm here!!!! [Cool] [Cool]

An update on the insanity that passes for my life:

1. The Yard. After 2 weeks of being jerked around by both homeowners assosiation and regular insurance, both HOA and Allstate decided that none of the damage is covered. 2 days later, HOA sent us an official letter telling us our yard was an eyesore and we had to clean it. Yeah, your yard would be an eyesore too if a 25' cactus uprooted and took with it all the landscaping on that side of the house, and all of the above was basically everywhere. We called one person about doing the work but they haven't gotten back. Husband and I put in a little time cleaning what we could get to, but still need a chainsaw to cut the cactus. Still can't get into our yard except through the garage.

2. and I have company coming Friday and Saturday, which means that we NEED to do some housecleaning.

3. and as far as the poetry programs: we're having 3 workshops this quarter as our main program, and one month ago presenter #3 cancelled, which means that I had to get someone else ASAP. I had spent three hours getting publicity together for the person who cancelled and it was all ready to go, and then I had to do everything all over again for the new person.

4. the website thingy: got the new website but NEVER got the intro letter telling me how to log into my account to edit etc. Sent several emails before I got a human reply, and all tripod said was "we already sent you that info; you should check your junk mail settings blahblah." To which I replied: "been there, done that, ain't there; can you just resend it so I can edit my account already?" to which there was no reply, so I just went in and kept pressing buttons and entering variables for about an hour until I got it to work.

6. and then there were 2 consumer products that were lemons, which translates into 3-4 hours EACH between emails and phone calls. Maybe more; or maybe it just seemed like more because of the aggravation.

7. oh and jewelry -- do I actually still make that stuff? Yeah, I think I remember... it pays the bills or something... Been spending ~12 hours each week just on DISPLAY, cleaning, replacing and whatnot, for the upcoming season. My big season starts in May, every bit as good as December for me with Mothers' Day, graduation, brides et al. So in between the rest of the insanity, I've been making up stock. Plus selling every weekend, to keep up the cash flow.

8. I've been so short on time, I didn't even have the plane tickets for the April 22-24 poetry convention until 11:57 Friday night, leaving me a whopping 2 minutes to still get the "2 weeks in advance" fare.

9. I'm sure there's more, but I'm too exhausted to remember. Getting real close to burnout here.

#2426 - 04/13/05 10:16 AM Re: Calling Meredith!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
and THANK YOU Dianne, Chatty and Dotsie for thinking of me! [Big Grin]

#2427 - 04/13/05 06:09 PM Re: Calling Meredith!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Meredit, So glad you made it back before imploding. Sounds like you've been very busy. Hope things all work out so you enjoy the poetry fest to the max.
smile

#2428 - 04/13/05 06:49 PM Re: Calling Meredith!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Geesh Meredith! "And other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved