The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#2384 - 03/23/05 08:52 AM meeting lionspaww
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This weekend I got to meet Lion. It was awesome. I felt like I'd known her forever.

Her son married my niece. The wedding was wonderful.

The first night I met her I didn't recognize her because she looked so young. Honest. She looked adorable with her blonde hair pulled back and big blue eyes.

We sat across from one another at dinner on Friday night, and chatted off and on at the wedding, but not nearly enough. I had hoped we'd have time to sit and shoot the breeze, but things were bustling both times we were together.

Wouldn't it be cool if all of us lived in the same neighborhood?

Lion, just so you know...I prayed for you and your family off and on throughout the weekend because I know you were having thoughts of Robert.

#2385 - 03/23/05 03:12 AM Re: meeting lionspaww
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
ahhhhhhh aren't you sweet to say those nice things about me -- so who's paying you ??? tee hee

i too wish we had more time to chat - but the important thing was to finally MEET !! and to get to know each other's families -- especially for you and your dad to finally meet BELLE !! and i must say -- you were even prettier in person -- talk about looking young and how in the world do you keep that figure !!!

it would be nice if we could all get to meet -- we really have to have a boomer weekend one of these days !!

and thank you Dotsie for your extra prayers -- it was a mixed blessing day -- we were soooooo happy for Travis -- and yet we couldnt help but think about Robert -- but we know he was there ;-) as was your mom ;-)

the sun popping out just before the wedding when it had rained all day and the emory board in the pocket of her bag -- can there be any doubt ?????

so let's get planning for the next family reunion !!!!

#2386 - 03/24/05 08:04 AM Re: meeting lionspaww
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lion, it was great seeing your name in the fourms again. I miss your posts so much.

I don't know if I told you, but it rained on our way to the castle. It appeared to be raining and misting all around us. Pretty cool, huh?

I have to share this little story for my sis. Mom died four years ago. On this trip south my dad gave my niece one of Mom's bags. Mom had millions of bags. We called her the bag woman. Anyway, he gave her this sweet little pink bag with a big strawberry on it. She immediately started carrying it as a makeshift diaper bag.

She was already to leave the castle and descend down the steps when she realized her shoes were new and unless she scuffed them she was sure to fall flat on her face, wedding dress and all. There were lots of women in the castle and NOT ONE had an emery board for her to use to scratch the bottoms of her shoes.

She opened the strawberry bag and sure enough Mom had an emery board just waiting for her from years ago. Wild huh? Everyone immediately felt Mom's presence.

#2387 - 03/24/05 05:45 PM Re: meeting lionspaww
lionspaaw Offline

It had rained off and on all day. Travis and I were out at the car getting something for Belle and he said something about hoping it stopped raining. I told him not to worry about it - his brother wouldn't let it rain out the wedding.

As the wedding party was putting on their corsages, Ashley came downstairs to make sure everything was a go. As she walked down the stairs - I looked outside and saw the sun shining through the window of the castle. I told her to go look outside and she'd see Robert's gift to her. As she walked towards the window she started to cry and asked if it was a rainbow and I told her - even better sweetheart - it's the sun [Smile] It only poked through the clouds for a few moments and we didn't see it again that day - but it never rained another drop.

Between that and the emery board, there was NO DOUBT that our loved ones were there with us and it made it just that more perfect a day [Big Grin]

#2388 - 03/24/05 09:22 PM Re: meeting lionspaww
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Teary eyed at my pc. God is good.

#2389 - 03/26/05 08:25 AM Re: meeting lionspaww
lionspaaw Offline

Yes he is [Smile]

can't wait to see the pics your son took -- who knows what we'll see in the background [Big Grin]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved