The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#2131 - 12/21/04 03:54 PM New Year's Resolutions
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Has any one begun thinking of their New Year's Goals? Mine is to Write, write, and write some more. 5 has always been my favorite and most lucky number so I've decided to GO FOR IT!!!!!! I am also going to quit smoking. What is everyone else going to accomplish in the coming year?

#2132 - 12/21/04 06:21 PM Re: New Year's Resolutions
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
TVC, five is my lucky number too. Not that I believe in luck(I believe it's the Holy Spirit [Wink] ), but it was my number when I played basketball many, many years ago. [Big Grin] Hadn't thought about next year being 200five. Hmm, I like it.

Resolutions? I'm still thinking on that one. One thought has been to show more love to those that are hard to love. Get it? It's easy to love those who are easy to love, but it's the ones that are hard to love that need it the most. [Wink]

There's a prayer I like that has inspired me to make this a resolution:

Bless all those that I love and all those that love me.
Bless all those I find it hard to love and all those that find it hard to love me. [Wink]

Thanks for making me think about this some more.

#2133 - 12/21/04 06:24 PM Re: New Year's Resolutions
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
TVC,Looks like you have just written my post and signed your name.
AM I ready to quit smoking!!!!..... Maybe you and I could do like the Dieters do and tell if/when we smoke etc and encourage each other.

I will also have to join the dieter's group for at least 3 months, because my nicotine substitute seems to be the Chocolate

TVC, maybe there's more boomers who want to. Add your names with TVC and me and lets be smoke free for 2005.We're gonna need all the help we can get. I have been smoking for 30 plus years....and I am ready. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

I guess we can put all that re-newed energy into writing TVC. Wanna write about "The Dangers of Quitting smoking" (I am a cranky old quitter, you?)

I am BESIDE you all the way girlfriend!!!!!!
Let's do it!

Dotsie, how true are those words.I like the prayer and I am going to write it down close so I can be reminded too.

[ December 21, 2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#2134 - 12/22/04 08:42 AM Re: New Year's Resolutions
TVC15 Offline

Sounds like a great idea to me Chickadee! There is strength in numbers. After what happened to my sister-in-law I'm making it a priority to quit!

#2135 - 12/22/04 12:12 AM Re: New Year's Resolutions
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies congrats on the resolution to stop smoking, nasty and dangerous habit. I wish you success......My New Years resolutiuon is to be a shadow of my former self by losing 162 pounds by end of 2005. I have nibbled (while cooking) myself into the Blimp woman. I fear that unless I do this seeing 2006 will be a miracle. I don't want to trust my fate to a miracle. If I seem testy at times or cranky as you might, please bear with me, I am not a person who likes to give up anything. [Frown] Spoiled? [Confused] Yes! [Razz] I shall throw myself into my writing as well and WILL this year get a psychilogical thriller published or know the reason why... [Big Grin] Looks like its do or die ladies all the way around and may I be first in line to wish us all, Good Luck...

#2136 - 12/22/04 12:48 AM Re: New Year's Resolutions
TVC15 Offline

Good for you Chatty but please take it slowly and with a doctors care! I hate giving up things too, I'll put up with your crankiness if you'll put up with mine [Smile] I didn't realize it when I wrote it, but I think the writing through it thing just might work! Thanks for pointing it out to me!

[ December 21, 2004, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: TVC15 ]

#2137 - 12/22/04 01:38 AM Re: New Year's Resolutions
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My father had smoked for about 20 years and had tried unsuccessfully to quit several times. When he had his first heart attack at age 39, his doctor told him "you don't have to quit smoking or lose 30 lbs., but if you decide not to, I promise to deliver a very nice speech at your funeral." My father quit smoking immediately and lost the weight quickly.

When you truly want to, you'll give up smoking. Good luck to all who are fighting the battle of bad habits. You can do it, Ladies!! [Big Grin]

#2138 - 12/22/04 05:57 AM Re: New Year's Resolutions
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi everyone, I'd like to share in the resolution about loving...My resolutions tend to be goal oriented with tangible results...My 2005 resolution is to make my book my business. I have a THING about taking money for something I created, as if since I created it, it can't be any good. I gave away more paintings than I sold in 2004. I thought a Purchase Award was a mistake on the judge's part at an Art Show I participated in. I resolve to dismiss that insecure mind set and replace it with a confident mind set by getting a web site by the end of Jan 05 (any designers please email me!) I resolve to do more presentations, and to ask to be paid! I've never asked for more than a dinner for a presentation. I'd like to be like Erica and get a cruise for my efforts! I resolve to take my income seriously, and to feel that I am worthy of earning. I have an affirmation to share: "I make perfect use of my talents and abilities and I have abundant income now." For those of you who want to diet and quit smoking, good luck...those are the healthiest resolutions you can make! I resolve to watch the Food Network less and actually cook more. Love, Light, and Luck, Lynn

#2139 - 12/22/04 06:04 AM Re: New Year's Resolutions
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Here's a poem that I think I developed from a post on here last year. It is being published in a poetry book in 2005.
smile

RESOLUTIONS

I no longer resolve to be
better only at the things
others see in me

Losing weight
only to be regained
Getting in shape
And developing my brain

Having more money
and lots more things
Always being sunny
but never having wings

Instead I’ll have more dreams
concoct less schemes
Be more of what I am
and less of what I seem

I’ll pray more and worry less
trust in God and do my best
I’ll give thanks more
and see how I’m blessed
I’ll forgive more
and punish less

I’ll repent
when I do wrong
Always know God is beside me
and I’ll be strong

by Janis Contway

#2140 - 12/22/04 03:35 PM Re: New Year's Resolutions
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Smile,

That poem was written for me!

I need to do all those internal things-work on me! And that is my resolution for 2005. It is what I can affect.

I want alot of other stuff but it is beyond my control.

I will live a better me.

Lynn

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved