The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2226 - 01/13/05 05:26 AM Examples of Boomer boldness
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Reading Meredith's post about her boldness in creating and becoming a poet laureate on the Featured Author topic inspired me to start a new topic.
At this moment, I can't think of a single thing I've done recently that was very bold, but I bet everyone else can and we all need inspiration.

So how about it girls? I know boomers are a bold bunch so let's hear some stories about how boldness worked for (or against) you.

smile

#2227 - 01/13/05 06:21 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Nancy, don't let anyone push you around anymore. I used to think everyone was more important than me. If someone butted ahead of me I would figure they had a very good reason, and I would let them. No more. Be bold! Love and Light, Lynn

#2228 - 01/13/05 06:30 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
smilinize Offline

Hey Lynn, I'm no attorney (though I was once married to one), but sounds to me like you might have a huge claim against the contractor who dumped the concrete and stopped up the sewer. They are required to have liability insurance and if you filed a claim quickly, you could probably get some serious compensation.

Off topic, but....

Now back to bold boomering.
smile

#2229 - 01/14/05 08:28 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This is gonna sound strange but I think I'm too bold so I'm working on being more passive. It causes me less stress. [Confused]

#2230 - 01/14/05 12:56 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
smilinize Offline

I'm with you Dianne. Being bold can be a pain in the neck. I guess I'm getting into being passive too.
There's a lot to be said for being submissive--though not subjected. I think I am practicing just submitting to the universe for awhile.
smile

#2231 - 01/14/05 05:00 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was little miss perfectly sweet and so submissive for most of my growing up years. This is a nasty saying but it fits that I wouldn't have said sh- - if I had a mouth full until one day I flipped out. I was 27 and my ex introdued me months earlier to a female bar patron who did everything in her power to steal him, she was nasty to me behind his back. Well, one afternoon he was in the restroom when I walked into the bar and as I entered I said, "Hi everyone," and was acknowledged back. I then went to the bank for him with the receipts. Well, when I got back he was mad and told me quietly so no one could hear, to stay home if I couldn't be nice to HIS customers. Sheila the w@#*& told him I never said hello when I came in, that I had ignored her. We had only been married less than a year and I was expecting. Until that moment whatever he said was law, I adored him and wanted to make him happy as with everyone else in my life. Something snapped and I picked up a glass and threw it at the mirror behind the bar. It was afternoon and there were only about three people there but everyone scatterd and I shouted, that this was the last time he was ever going to put some scum bag in front of me, that she was a liar and next time I saw her I was going to slap her stupid face. If he wanted her few dollars so bad he could have her and them because I was leaving, and shaking I headed for the door. A couple of the men told him I had said a very friendly hello to everyone when I walked in and he came running out after me. I felt strangely powerful and told im from now on it better be known to all that I was his woman and came first or I'd take his son, his car, his money and walk. He was a changed man and I was foever changed. About Sheila I didn't tell him to ban her in fact from that day forward I did ignore her and he was not allowed to speak to her except to serve her her booze. Finally she stopped coming around. I have never been second to anyone since and have been anything but submissive. Every time I try to be a kinder, gentler person PLOP someone poops on my head... [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

[ January 14, 2005, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#2232 - 01/14/05 07:19 PM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am being bold every single day I follow my dream with Boomer Women Speak. I get my boldness from the Lord who is leading me every step of the way. [Wink]

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

#2233 - 01/15/05 08:46 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Well, will wonders never cease??

My boldness comes "after" these words, Dotsie.
I have been doing it for years.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I say it 3 times and away I go. It can be before an interview, speech, or just about anytime I need a cup of gumption.

It is foolproof!!! It's like a shot in the arm or a kick in the butt.

We really do have a lot in common as boomers, don't we...
Norman Vincent Peale - the power of positive thinking - a bible for self, don't you think?

chickadee

#2234 - 01/15/05 01:32 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I used to be very very shy but I've always been stubborn. I see something that "needs" to be done and I don't stop until I do it. Sometimes this can be what others call boldness, and sometimes it's a quiet force that refuses to give in.

I have always tried to follow my convictions. The list is WAY too long to print here.

And I always tell other women they can do the same.

#2235 - 01/15/05 03:37 AM Re: Examples of Boomer boldness
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I get tired of being strong. I get tired of being expected to have all the answers. I get tired of not feeling right when I ask others for their opinion because it might make me look less than... I just get tired. Because I'm the author of a book on domestic violence, I'm supposed to know everything or have all the right answers for every single woman who contacts me. I'm worn out! Every single time I try to step back and take a breath, I have another woman call or email me and ask for help and I know this is God telling me I'm doing what I should be doing but I just get so tired and weary. I have problems too. My husband took a mental leave of absence for about a year and although he seems to be back to his old self, I'm left with doubt and stress because I just don't trust anymore. Everything I believed in just flew out the window. I haven't been able to completely regroup yet. Gads, this sounds horrible but I've been feeling like I'm gonna explode! Being an "authority" on a topic puts a lot of pressure on them. It's like they've been moved to a higher realm or something and they better not fall off or be human or everyone is watching and think of those who will be disappointed!

I can't help but feel being so strong or trying to be so strong has caused a lot of my problems. Maybe my husband gets sick and tired of me being so strong and would like a woman who is vulnerable. Who knows? I can't figure it out because for the most part, I don't know how to be vulnerable because of fear. Oh geesh, I've really blown here, haven't I? I needed to get this off my chest and I just can't do it on my site because these women call me their ringleader for pete sakes! Sorry. [Confused]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved