The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1696 - 01/15/03 02:49 AM Just do it
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
I urge each and every one of you to take the time to get away for a girls week end. I almost didn't go and I am so glad I went!!! Eleven "church ladies" at a house in the woods, on a lake for two days. It's even more fun than it sounds. It was a 4.5 hour drive which probably sounds crazy to you east coast boomers but it was worth it. We LAUGHED, we cried, we ate like queens, we skied, hiked, snow shoed and even made snow angels under a brilliant half moon. We all came away refreshed from being in God's glorious creation (towering evergreens covered with snow under deep blue skys)and being in each other's company. Start planning your trip.

#1697 - 01/16/03 04:25 PM Re: Just do it
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a boomerwomenspeak.com girl's getaway? Hey Dots?
What do you think. Now that the group is expanding we could meet women from all over the country.

#1698 - 01/16/03 06:22 PM Re: Just do it
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathryn,

I'm so psyched that you had that thought and so happy that you would also like to meet your friends on this board!

This is already in the big picture plan of mine. I have thought of renting a bunch of rooms at a hotel and just getting together so everyone can put a face with the posts! Maybe some day it could be a convention with speakers, etc.

For starters I think just renting a few rooms at a hotel could be fun. I have started thinking of places that aren't far from BWI so women could fly in and gather without too much trouble.

Thanks for confirming part of the plan. I ask for prayer as this whole boomerwomenspeak venture evolves. Blessings!

#1699 - 01/16/03 06:39 PM Re: Just do it
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Gardenbloomer, sounds like something we could all use! Your description made me want to be there. Please share some of the good times with us on this board. Maybe the funniest part of the weekend? Maybe the most serious conversation? Do you think the other women would mind?

#1700 - 01/20/03 05:05 AM Re: Just do it
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Today I took gardenbloomers advice. Just do it!

My niece was in a cheering competition very close to home. I decided to go and watch her do her thing and I am glad I did.

My other sister also decided to go, so the three sisters sat and did some catching up. The place was crazed with half dressed athletic teens, loud music, people crammed into the bleachers, and lots of shakin' goin' on.

All the mayhem didn't stop us from flapping non-stop about what's going on in our lives.

I almost didn't go because I had laundry, cleaning, straightening, a son with a project due, and my mother-in-law was coming for dinner. Then I thought of gardenbloomers post...JUST DO IT, and said, "The heck with all this. I am heading out!"...And I am glad I did.

My sisters are the best! And...my niece is an awesome cheerleader and tumbler.

#1701 - 01/20/03 04:20 PM Re: Just do it
boomersis Offline

I am so glad that you came, too. Perhaps one day I will be able to post part of our conversation. I am not ready yet. I would just like to say to all of the mothers of teens out there - "trust your teens only so much - confirm their whereabouts not over their cell phone - make them account for where their money is being spent - don't believe everything that comes out of their mouths - they're teens and only human - we were all there once and know that we were not always truthful with our parents - no matter how involved you think you are, there could still be something going on - they think they are invincible - love them and check up on them - they need it!"

#1702 - 01/24/03 11:33 PM Re: Just do it
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
In reply to you Dotsie,
There were many funny moments. I think one of the most fun was when 5 of us went out for the moon light walk. It was 5 degrees out mind you and really cozy inside by the fire. We had a ball making snow angels as I mentioned before and writing a thank you note to our host in the snow on the ice for her to read from her window the next morning. The letters were in script and 7 feet tall. We followed each other in a line. Do you know how often you backtrack when writing script?

#1703 - 01/29/03 03:57 AM Re: Just do it
hearmeroar Offline

I'm going out with old friends this Friday and can't wait! Thank you to all my girlfriends who take the time to be present.

#1704 - 01/31/03 11:11 PM Re: Just do it
Teri Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I love getting together with my girlfriends. Once a quarter we have "girls night out". We get together and have treats and laugh and relax. Each time we are together one of us shares her "story". It has been such a blessing getting to know friends better and there is always something in each persons' story that hits home.

We laugh, we cry, we care for each other and that is what it is about. I plan to share at the next get together that I have found this awesome website! It makes every day "girls night out".

God Bless! [Razz]

#1705 - 03/14/03 03:52 AM Re: Just do it
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Yeah I just did it too. I set a date for us girls to go out the end of March. Another post I had in here had to do with inviting male gay friends who I consider girlfriends. I decided that since I've painted his nails, he counts for a girls night out.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved