The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218577 - 02/14/13 11:19 PM Happy Anniversary...chief!
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Happy Anniversary Anne! Glad U R happily married too. A good man can add so much to gal's life. Love it!

#218579 - 02/15/13 05:31 AM Re: Happy Anniversary...chief! [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for the anniversary wishes Jabber. Yes, 25 years ago on the 13th of February the kids and I married Steve. It was 1988, and they were 10 and 7.

I walked down the aisle to meet Steve with a kid on each arm. They "gave me away."

The idea to do with was Steve's, he wanted both the kids and our families to know that he was not just marrying me, he was marrying all of us, and planning to be a big part of their lives, too.

(In case anyone is wondering, we did not take them on the honeymoon, though I've since known other women with children who were marrying a second time who decided to make the honeymoon into a family vacation at Disneyland.)

Steve and I honeymooned in Lake Tahoe, and the kids stayed with Bill, their birth father, while we were gone. Once we returned, they lived with us one week a month and all weekends, and with Bill the remaining 3 weeks of each month.

This worked well, as Bill traveled out of the state - and sometimes out of the country -- one week a month. And, since they were in school, this arrangement made school easy for all of us to handle.

Bill also had non-Hodgekins lymphoma, which was in remission when Steve and I married. I wanted him to spend as much time as possible with the kids when he was healthy.

But when Bill's cancer returned, Steve and I took over all the childcare responsibilities. And when the time came, Steve adopted the kids.

So Steve took on a lot when he married me, and I am delighted that we've had such a wonderful 25 years.

Well, I've sure deviated off topic here, sorry!

Thanks again for the anniversary wishes, Jabber.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218580 - 02/15/13 02:16 PM Re: Happy Anniversary...chief! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Nice story, Anne. Loved reading about you and Steve and the children. This is so sweet. I too had a son when WB married me. And we spent half the honeymoon on Paradise Island and half camping with my son. WB had a sailboat back then and they had fun on Rainbow Lake. Thank you God for such wonderful men!!!

#218587 - 02/15/13 10:06 PM Re: Happy Anniversary...chief! [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
Thank you God for such wonderful men!!!

I agree, Jabber. Not all men are as wonderful as WB and Steve, but they are sure worth it when you find them!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218589 - 02/15/13 10:43 PM Re: Happy Anniversary...chief! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Amen!

#218608 - 02/17/13 05:31 PM Re: Happy Anniversary...chief! [Re: jabber]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
It's wonderful reflection, Anne. Congrats.

#218654 - 02/20/13 11:25 PM Re: Happy Anniversary...chief! [Re: orchid]
Marsha Roberts Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Anne, I enjoyed reading about you and Steve so much! If you have read my Mutinous Baby Boomer book, you'll know I have also been among the fortunate - Bob and I have been happily together for 37 years!? (How can that much time have gone by?) So CONGRATS by all means! Wishing you both another 25, happy and healthy years together!

God Bless You Both!
Marsha
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6037984.Marsha_Roberts/blog

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved