The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100426 - 12/27/06 12:54 AM Heading to Key West
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Just wanted to let you gals know I won't be around for about a week. My husband & I are headed to Key West to meet up with some friends, and celebrate out wedding anniversary. We haven't had a vacation in years that didn't revolve around one of his fishing tournaments (and that is no vacation, believe me!) so I am really looking forward to this! A real honest-to-God vacation!! We're driving to Key West tomorrow.......I'll post when I get back!!

#100427 - 12/27/06 12:58 AM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Have a wonderful time!!! Let us know how it goes...

#100428 - 12/27/06 03:37 AM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good for you! Do you need company?

#100429 - 12/27/06 05:26 AM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Have a really great time, and don't get caught by any mosquitoes

Poet and essayist

#100430 - 12/27/06 03:05 PM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: meredithbead]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ann, have a great time in the keys. We love it there. Enjoy and relax. It's like visiting another country.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#100431 - 12/27/06 04:48 PM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ann, make sure all fishing rods are left behind. The Keys are a great place to fish. My hubby has gone there for a fishing trip before and loved it. You don't want your hubby to be tempted. Have a blast. I hope it's warm and sunny in Florida for you.

#100432 - 12/27/06 06:08 PM Re: Heading to Key West
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Aaaah turquise water, white sandy beaches, nodding palm trees,....I'm with you in my thoughts. Have a wonderful time!
Hannelore

#100433 - 12/27/06 06:15 PM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, ANN & HUBBY!!!

#100434 - 12/31/06 02:10 PM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: Lola]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hi Gals --
I'm back home. We cut the trip short. Nothing's wrong, we just discovered that after a day of wandering around Key West with our friends (who were going to be there on vacation anyway,we were just kinda tagging along) and going to the Pirate Museum and Mel Fisher's museum (which we'd been to before, but they've changed it a lot......as a matter of fact, Key West has changed a lot since the last time we were there.....and not necessarily for the better!) we both looked at each other and there really wasn't anything else we wanted to see or do....... My husband is not a beach or pool guy and I feel ridiculous hanging out at the beach or pool by myself while he hangs out in a motel room watching TV.......we can do that at home. (especially at those motel prices!!) It's not an easy place for him to get around in his wheelchair, and while I'm somewhat disappointed, I couldn't see any point in staying there and not enjoying it.
I will say though that I've learned my lesson. From now on when I want to go on trips like this, I'm going with my girlfriends. (Planning a trip to Charleston in March with a group of them). We've been together 20 years, and it didn't used to bother me pushing him all over the place on uneven sidewalks and wondering if the next bathroom was going to be wheelchair accessible....and somehow it seems like he used to push himself around more, and other people traveling with us would offer to push him from time to time (the people we were with did not offer ONCE but to be honest they've never spent time with a disabled person so maybe they're not up on disabled ettiquette I don't know) but it's just not fun for me anymore. He goes off with his buddies to fishing tournaments all the time and never has any problem with me going away with my gal pals so I think that if I really want a vacation, that's the way to go.
That being said, he and I are going to Alabama in a few weeks to support a buddy of his who has qualifed to fish in a big whoop-de-doo B.A.S.S. Federation Championship tournament. The buddy's wife will be going (she and I are pretty good friends and have a good time together) and some other people we know and we're planning on getting together with my old roomate, going to the Unclaimed Baggage center (where they sell all the stuff people leave on planes) and some other things. That's a different kind of trip than this one was and we're both looking forward to it and I think we will enjoy it more.
Yes I'm kinda bummed........I was really hoping this trip would work out better. There were a lot of things that just added up to we really weren't having a good time and were ready to just come home. But I can't see any point in letting it get me down.
Jut thought I'd report in! HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!!

#100435 - 12/31/06 03:24 PM Re: Heading to Key West [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Aw too bad Ann, that you're trip wasn't what you expected to be. May I ask why your husband is disabled? And how long has he been in a wheel chair? At least he doesn't mind you going on vacation with girlfriends. Hey, when girls get together there's more to laugh about anyway.
Hope your next vacation makes up for this one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved