The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#3579 - 06/21/06 07:39 AM sleepless in Georgia
Rose Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hello, girlfriends, While perusing through the forums this morning and drinking my ice water through a straw, I noticed something! I was just as calm as could be...after approximately 3 hours of sleep last nite... I wasn't sure where to put my thought of GREAT insight, so I thought I'd just drop it here to all my new girlfriends!! Here it is, my thought of GREAT insight...A LOT OF US BABY BOOMER WOMEN ARE POSTING AFTER MIDNIGHT!! [Eek!] Some of us WAY after midnight! This means we are not sleeping...get it? We can't possibly post and sleep at the same time! Now I started to post this in the menopause section but I had a hysterectomy ten years ago, so that's not me! [Big Grin] I think it has to do with age! Any other theories out there?? [Confused]
Respectfully, your girlfriend,
Rose [Wink]

#3580 - 06/20/06 08:01 PM Re: sleepless in Georgia
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
LOL! You're right, Rose, I have noticed that as well.

So ladies, are you up because you want to be, or because you just can't sleep?

My hubby wishes he didn't have to sleep at all "because it's a waste of time", but I love to snuggle into bed and sleep. It feels good!

#3581 - 06/20/06 08:46 PM Re: sleepless in Georgia
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well girls, I post sometimes late because I watched a good movie, or my heartburn (GERD) won out over trying to sleep. Then again, sometimes I get an idea for a new article and I can't sleep until it finished. Then I post in here.

And trust me, menopause comes whether you've had a hystro or not. Ewwwwww...does it EVER!

JJ

#3582 - 06/20/06 11:04 PM Re: sleepless in Georgia
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I have a terrible time falling asleep. Once I go to sleep I'm usually ok but it isn't unusual for me to be in bed for three hours before I go to sleep. Ugh, I hate that!

Sherri

#3583 - 06/20/06 11:50 PM Re: sleepless in Georgia
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I highly recommend taking a hot bath before bedtime. It totally relaxes the body. I do it and never have a hard time sleeping.

Any time my kids can't sleep, my husband tells them they need more exercise. Exercise is another key to a good night's sleep.

Sweet dreams...

What do you do when you can't sleep, other than post at BWS? You don't just stay in bed, do you?

#3584 - 06/20/06 11:54 PM Re: sleepless in Georgia
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Lately, I've had a difficult time sleeping and I take 2 exedrin p.m.s. I don't function well when I don't get my sleep. You won't see me posting in the middle of the night, maybe 5 or 6 occasionally.

Daisygirl

#3585 - 06/21/06 03:11 AM Re: sleepless in Georgia
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Daisy I'm with Dotsie and like to submerge my weary self in a warm bubble bath scented with Lavender which makes one relax to the max. I then can fall sound asleep. Its getting up early I hate. I worked the phones late night for so many years I am wide awake till all hours and then want to sleep in. Once in while I would post in here and seemed to be all alone but now I see more people have been in and surfing around. Not a bad way to spend any of our waking hours....

#3586 - 06/21/06 04:58 AM Re: sleepless in Georgia
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I am a night owl big time...and the internet is the best thing that could have happened to me and my sleepless nights...i used to toss and turn and watch the clock and worry and and finally drift off to sleep about a half hour before the alarm clock would go off...but now I can enjoy the peacefully quiet house late at night and answer my emails...post to my Boomer sisters as we solve the problems of the world, and pay my bills online or perhaps shop for the perfect gift for a friend...and after a couple of hours of purposeful internetting I can fall into a restful sleep...I don't need more than 5 hours of sleep though...and I have been that way since my first baby arrived when I was a little girl of 22...so go figure... [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved