The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1678 - 11/05/05 06:54 PM Living in the Moment
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have a problem with this. With our frantic pace these days and high technology, I'm always looking ahead and planning.

I wanted to share a funny story. The first time my husband took me to NYC we were sitting in the Oak Room at The Plaza Hotel, having a drink. Outside, we could see the snow gently falling and one of the horse drawn carriages was right outside the window. It was a beautiful moment.

The next time we tried to repeat this memory, it was hot outside and the garbage truck was outside. [Razz]

This made me realize the importance of living in the moment because you may never be able to relive it again!

#1679 - 11/06/05 08:20 AM Re: Living in the Moment
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
That was such a hard lesson for me to learn, Dianne. Oh the wondrous places I've been and people I've met, but I often let it all slip by me in my anxiousness to not miss out on what was coming next. That frantic pace can be so toxic. It took me years to realize that the only way to truly "seize the day" was to live in the moment. I've had to teach/remind myself to breathe, relax and enjoy the scenery and the people NOW, not tomorrow, because by tomorrow I could be somewhere completely different and today's places and faces will be lost and gone forever.

#1680 - 11/05/05 10:14 PM Re: Living in the Moment
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Amen sistahs...

When asked how do you know you are living in the moment I answer, "because I couldn't possibly tell you what time it is."

JJ

#1681 - 11/05/05 10:30 PM Re: Living in the Moment
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I live in the moment best while vacationing. I'm away from home and away from all the responsibilites calling my name. I LOVE VACATIONS!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved