The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1966 - 06/26/04 04:03 PM Movie Night
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Last night I missed out on a fun time, but oh well.

Instead of gathering with The Hot Flashes (a group of women from church who gather for fun)I was helping my husband find a private duty nurse for his mom.

Pity, pity... [Wink]

The women gathered to have a cook-out and watch Calendar Girls. Sounds fun, huh?

Thought I'd throw it out there for any other women who occasionally gather with friends

#1967 - 06/26/04 04:21 PM Re: Movie Night
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The Hot Flashes...what a cool name..."cool" name...hahah...how funny...it just hit me...

I think that is a great idea and I might just talk to a few of my close friends and get something like that going. Thanks for the idea.

JJ

#1968 - 06/27/04 02:10 AM Re: Movie Night
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have always enjoyed the company of women from the time I was little, maybe 4 or 5. The women would gather in the garden or kitchen and thats where I wanted to be. In high-school I had a big group of girlfriends and we did everything together, as I got older I still preferred a night out or in with the girls. Theres something so close and comforting about real women friends. Today is no different I have a small group and we do everything together almost! Oh hey, men are okay and we need to have them around too for this and that but its not the same, never the same, never will be the same.

#1969 - 06/27/04 03:34 PM Re: Movie Night
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Due to my BWS project, I am so aware of baby boomer women. We are everywhere! [Eek!] And in many places we are together with other women. Tkae note when you're out and about. [Wink] We must enjoy one another's company. I think it's great for our mental health. [Wink]

#1970 - 06/27/04 03:59 PM Re: Movie Night
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This post and another one talking about co-workers got me to thinking.

Have you ever noticed that taking trips with other women, or just going out to eat with them, is usually more fun than going with the opposite sex? Now, I don't mean ALL the time, but since this is mostly true, then why is it most women cannot work together in the same environment?

I use to be a supervisor years ago and had six women and one man under me. Those six women gave me more headaches than the one man...go figure.

JJ

#1971 - 06/27/04 09:04 PM Re: Movie Night
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Boy JJ, I have to agree with you. I don't know what the problem is, but supervising women drove me nuts too.
I had a lot of doctors working for me and at first I hired several female doctors. They made me insane. Eventually I made the male doctors hire their own female nurses and supervise them cause that also made me nuts. It might be that you hire the whole dysfunctional family. And though you sympathize with bad relationships, sick kids, housework, etc. there is work to be done and someone has to do it.
smile

#1972 - 06/28/04 04:33 AM Re: Movie Night
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well ladies may I interject my 3 cents here. As a once trainer and supervisor of women I found out the answer, I think [Frown] When you go out/socialize with a group of women you are all preceived to be on the same level. Once you have been elevated to a level they feel is above them(even if they are your best friend away from the office) it stirs up feelings of competition and upmanship. They may truly love you as a person yet feel inferior and even fearson of your position. I once wrote an article on this for The National Association of Women Executives.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved