The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1739 - 05/24/03 01:43 AM Overnight guests
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I found out this morning that one of my dearest friends, that lives in Iowa (I attended her second wedding last August in Ft. Dodge) is coming to Kansas for a visit. She and her husband have job interviews not far from my town, and they will stay overnight with us while they look for a place to live and check out the neighborhood. I don't think Dennis is really crazy about the idea yet, but he hasn't pitched a fit, just rolled his eyes, LOL. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have had problems with your spouses not liking your close friends? I don't know if its jealousy or just personality conflicts, but Dennis rarely likes my friends. I, on the other hand, have been expected to accept his friends because they are liked by him. Does this make sense? Or am I the only one with this problem. Dennis is a wonderful husband otherwise, but I have always felt I couldn't have close friends except for family and HIS friends' spouses.
I've never thought of him as a controlling person, but after typing this up, it sounds like he is trying to control me. Does it sound that way to anyone else?

#1740 - 05/24/03 05:32 PM Re: Overnight guests
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
It's a form of controlling in my opinion. It's a terrible feeling ,but one that women gradually seem to get use to. There's a book out with an unfortunately very strong title.It does give some helpful hints for situations like this.It's "Men who Hate Women and the Women that Love Them. Like I said it's a harsh title yet it is not a man bashing book,just good advice.

#1741 - 05/24/03 10:02 PM Re: Overnight guests
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I'll have to say that I've been very lucky with my choice of spouse, however. Even though he is a little controlling, he has been very encouraging when it comes to my going back to school and working outside the home. At first, when we first married, he was against it, but back then I had small children at home who needed me. But once the children were in school, he let me spread my wings and develop my own sense of self worth by getting a job and contributing to our total household income. I had the choice of using my paycheck however I chose. Sometimes it went to pay bills, and sometimes it went to buy items for our home that I wanted. We bought several tvs, vcrs, microwaves, etc. from time to time. Without my check, we would never have had the extra cash to buy such luxuries back then.
Now, my check goes for my car payment, pays the health insurance (his job doesn't offer insurance), life insurance, and I still manage to spend quite a bit personally. So I really don't have much to complain about. I didn't ask him if I could invite my friends to stay with us this week, I just told him they were coming. LOL. Now, I'd better get off this computer and get my house ready for them.

#1742 - 06/06/03 03:32 PM Re: Overnight guests
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Countrygirl,

Have you had your company yet? If so, how did it go?

#1743 - 07/02/03 05:14 PM Re: Overnight guests
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
CountryGirl
Could it be that your hubby feels left out when your girlfriends are around? I am not saying he SHOULD feel this way, but sometimes, men like to be the center of your life and when someone comes along that you share a history with, and he wasn't a part of that history, they can feel left out of the fun.

Just a thought

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved