The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 55 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#125366 - 08/12/07 01:10 AM I feel bad about my neck.
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I loved this book. Nora Ephron is very funny and I related to almost everything. It's a tiny book, about 140 pages and 17 essays on being a woman. I read it in large print and that may be all it's in because she can't see anymore either. This one is expensive, but it's available at the library. Check it out and enjoy.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#125367 - 08/14/07 08:11 PM Re: I feel bad about my neck. [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Saundra, funny, I read this and liked it, but didn't love it. It seemed like we forum gals had discussed most of what she mentioned. Did you find that?

I just read another one of her books from the 60s. I think it was called Wallflower at the Orgy. It was a collection of articles she had written in the 60s.

#125368 - 08/14/07 10:45 PM Re: I feel bad about my neck.
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I enjoyed the book, too. She has a shart sense of humor, and I like her take on life in the mid years.

Yes, Dotsie, I have read on many of these topics before. She is definitly talking real.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#125369 - 08/15/07 05:06 AM Re: I feel bad about my neck. [Re: Saundra]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I saw Nora Ephron with Geena Davis and Diahann Carroll on Oprah. They were talking about midlife womanhood and ageing. Nora Ephron is wildly funny and real. Her neck was covered.

She wrote one of my favorite all time movies "Heartburn" with Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep. The dialog was so sharply every-day authentic, and the movie kept coming back to the marital discussion of socks and how they never have a mate once they've been through the laundry, and where do socks go when no one is looking.

Watch this movie if you find it. Brilliant.

#125370 - 08/16/07 01:22 AM Re: I feel bad about my neck. [Re: mrs_madness]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I loved Heartburn too, Mrs. M.

Dotsie, we've talked about some of the topics, but I like her perspective. She reminds me of our Queen that way.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved