The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#83279 - 07/21/06 01:37 AM Phantom of the Opera DVD
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I watched the DVD and it was fabulous. I am not usually one for musicals, but this was out-of-this-world. Here's how I came to watch it: many of you know that my 17 year old nephew died in a car accident on his way to his routine saxaphone lesson February 4, 2006 at 8:30 am. No drugs, no alcohol. He was a member of SADD. He had been accepted to NYU film school: one of only 12 accepted this fall out of 400 applications world-wide. He and his sister were into drama. At his funeral Mass, from the same choir loft that I had sung in when I was a kid, she (age 21) sang "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera. (She is a dance, theater, and voice major senior in college.) Anyway, I had never had the opportunity to see the play. So I rented the DVD and I was blown away. Of course, I had to pause and cry because "Think of Me" is a major theme song throughout the musical. I heard my neice's voice instead of the actress on the screen. The lyrics are so deep, the story line is so moving, I had no idea POTO was so OUTSTANDING! If this is what theater is all about, sign me up for acting lessons. Send me tickets to Broadway! So, with this post, I'm also answering your kind questions as to where I have been for the last six months. I've been nursing the grief wound. BWSisters, all sadness aside, whether or not you are musical fans, try seeing the 2003 DVD version of POTO. It will engage all of your senses, even smell if you BYOpopcorn. L

#83280 - 07/21/06 01:20 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera DVD [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You are not the first person who has told me how wonderful this is. I can't wait to see it. I have the CD soundtrack and was amazed at how attached I became once I listened to it. It really DOES capture you, doesn't it?

JJ

#83281 - 07/21/06 02:59 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera DVD [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynnie, it's so good to have you back! That's all. Just want you to know!

#83282 - 07/21/06 03:16 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera DVD
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I had the wonderful honor of seeing POTO in New York, twice! I haven't watched the DVD because I'm not sure it would be the same for me. I love live theater. I think I would need a very good sound system to get the same chills I got while seeing it on Broadway.

Glad you're back, Lynnie. I've missed you a lot.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#83283 - 08/10/06 02:09 AM Re: Phantom of the Opera DVD [Re: Dianne]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I have never seen the play when it was in San Francisco though I did give tickets to our Religious Education Director one year as a gift from all the teachers.

Thank you for the suggestion - it sounds like a definite must-see!

#83284 - 08/10/06 08:40 PM Re: Phantom of the Opera DVD [Re: 49erDonna]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I loved, loved, loved the DVD - POTO being one of my favorites

Since I've never had the chance to see it on stage, I can't say how it compares to the live production, but it certainly did not disappoint me with the DVD production!!
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved