The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#35327 - 01/29/04 06:12 PM The Homes in Movies
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Dotsie, you said you love the beach home in "Something's Gotta Give." It was awesome! I saw the movie twice in part just to look at that house!

The funny thing about it - I was telling a friend about the movie and that the main character was a writer, and she said, "I bet she lives in some fabulous home, too." [Big Grin] They alway do in the movies, when in reality, writers don't make that much! [Frown]

An article in our paper the other night said that jars of white rocks are very big right now.

What's your favorite movie house? I'll see what you guys come up with, and then I'll tell you what the favorite house was in the poll that the writer conducted for that article.

Donna

#35328 - 01/31/04 08:46 AM Re: The Homes in Movies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You have to remember that I haven't seen many movies, but I do recall loving the one in Home Alone. It probably wasn't anything out of this world, but seem full of family memories and cozy. [Wink]

#35329 - 01/30/04 10:19 PM Re: The Homes in Movies
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
I prefer the "Adams Family" house - because mine definitely looks cleaner (not by much) [Razz] [Razz]

#35330 - 02/01/04 09:02 PM Re: The Homes in Movies
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I just saw the movie with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton last night. I laughed so hard tears were streaming from my eyes and I couldn't see out of my glasses for the rest fo teh movie.

I thought it was great and yes, the house was to die for.

I will have to think about my favorite house in a movie. I'm not sure. Since we are in the planning stages of building a house every house is my favorite or in the next second my most hated because I simply can't decide!

I digress, SEE THE MOVIE. It is great for our ages.

Lynn

#35331 - 02/02/04 03:49 AM Re: The Homes in Movies
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
The house in "Gotta Give" looked like Ina Garten's house, as did the kitchen. I liked the house & location in Cold Mtn. although I don't want to live in Romania. I do want those sheep though .

#35332 - 02/06/04 01:05 AM Re: The Homes in Movies
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Well, we didn't get too many replies, but I'll go ahead and spill the beans. The favorite house in the movies, according to that article I read, was...the house in Home Alone.

Donna

#35333 - 02/06/04 02:23 AM Re: The Homes in Movies
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think I want the house in "The Great Gatzbe". Not sure I even remember it well, but I just remember thinking it was very elegant.

I've already got a "homey" home. Way to homey sometimes.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved