Hi ladies --
Back around Xmas time I did some serious reflecting and realized I wanted to do more with my time that what I had been doing for the past several years. I enjoy my free time (am unemployed and have been since I got married 15 years ago.......husband is retired military) but felt like I wanted to meet some new people and get out and try some new things. Signed up with the local community college -- they offer several non-credit community education programs and were looking for someone to sit in on basic computer classes for seniors as an assistant to the instructor, so that's what I've been doing one day per week for the past several weeks -- and I love it!! And I've learned a few things too, which is kinda neat, since as a volunteer I didn't have to pay for the class! The class only has 2 more sessions and I don't know if they'll ask me to come back for the next session, but I hope so. I also signed up with a local group called RSVP (Retired Senior Volunteer Program) and they just called me back this week.........I have an appt with our local Meals on Wheels program next week, they need someone to help with data entry. Don't know how that will go until I meet with them next week but I'm thinking I'd be willing to give them one day per week.
I'm just wondering if anyone else out there volunteers in their community and what they're doing as a volunteer? I'm betting some of us gals do some interesting stuff!
I've helped out for years at Paralzyed Veterans of America bass-fishing tournaments but I was ready to move onto something new & different!

[ February 10, 2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: CrosstitchQueen ]