The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34883 - 11/15/05 11:53 PM Did you ever realize how much you do?
ladybug Offline

I'm contemplating this trip to Florida and thinking about all the things my family will now have to do for themselves while I'm gone. I never realized how much I do by myself. I couldn't sleep thinking about all the lists I should make regarding hubby's medications, Benny our cat, food, laundry, housework, grocery shopping etc. etc. I almost cried thinking about and thinking maybe I'm insane. It's really amazing how much a full time mom does. It's comical when people ask, what Do you do all day? And yes, they emphasize the word do where I have it capitalized.

#34884 - 11/16/05 12:01 AM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
We housewives are the detail people...it's not that what we do is hard to learn, there's just so many things.

#34885 - 11/16/05 03:14 AM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
HA, I laugh at their stupid question and say, "you mean what don't I do all day, don't you?" Dumbest question on this planet isn't it??
No household could afford to pay the many people it would take to do all the things we women do during one 29 hour day and NO that's not a typo.... [Roll Eyes]

#34886 - 05/27/07 07:04 PM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do? [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Since I have become a fulltime homemaker, I get that question asked allot from time to time "what do you do all day???" If I am feeling a bit sarcastic or catty, I will say I do absolutely NOTHING, except do my nails, watch soaps and go out to lunch everyday with other housewives who have nothing better to do either. Then they will say, you do not! ...Ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer.

#34887 - 05/27/07 09:54 PM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do? [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I always hated when a working, so called friend asked me that the years I didn't work. I had a different approach. I just said: If I told you I'd have to kill you! Then I laugh and never say anymore, changed the subject quickly. Anyone can pose a question but its your decision whether you answer it or not, and how...Just enjoy your time Cookie, whatever you do!

I get the question, "Oh you're a writer, I'd do that too if I had the time." Well, duh!

Edited by chatty lady (05/27/07 09:56 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#34888 - 05/27/07 11:47 PM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do? [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
No, i don´t always realize how much i have done/do. And I believe that I do far to much for my loved ones at home in the practical things..doing laundry, making and shopping for food, cleaning the house, the dishes after dinner,etc. My 17 yr old could help much more and so could my sambo. But I am there doing it anyway. Don´t feel good about this situation as they CAN do more,but I always/mostly fill in..partly my´fault then..but it´s everyone´s home and perhaps we all should do our part???

I have had 5 kids all in all..the first batch helped alot..i wouldn´t have survived otherwise. I am easier (too easy) on the last kid at home, the yougest. But it drives me a bit crazy sometimes..

Interesting question, I think! Thanks!

#34889 - 05/29/07 01:38 PM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do? [Re: humlan]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Definitely, what a fulltime homemaker does is not understood by SO MANY. And yes, the question is repeated often (in my case) by my dear husband, who has NO IDEA what I do all day.
There are questions that are best left unanswered. This is one of them!!! Don't you agree?

Ever wonder how working moms afford to do all that needs to be done at home?
NABBW & NAWW

#34890 - 05/30/07 02:23 PM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do? [Re: Songbird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
songbird, I stayed home with my kids while hubby worked, and I always wondered how working moms did it. I couldnever imagine coming home and having to do everything I did all day between the hours of 7:00 and 10:00. I know women who did it but they stayed up until all hours of the morning. Their children also pitched in more because they had to. I always did most everything becasue it was my job.

#34891 - 05/31/07 03:25 AM Re: Did you ever realize how much you do?
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
I used to e-mail my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law everyday for several years when my kids were younger. At that time I was a full time stay at home mom. I kept a lot of those e-mails in a journal as did my mother-in-law. I took some time recently just to look through them, read over some of them. When I looked back at everything I was doing in a day at that time I wondered how I survived it. My daughter was very sickly when she was little. There were many, many nights staying up most of the night with her and also from time to time with my son. A week long bout of Roto-virus I don't even want to talk about. Then having to get up and clean, cook, do laundry, groceries, banking, running errands, doctors appts and the list goes on and on as you all know. Then when my mother-in-law's health began to deteriorate from a debilitating illness similar to Alzheimers, my father-in-law's health problems, times my husband and I took turns staying with them, taking them to the doctor. Then you would hear the comment, "Oh, she doesn't work, she's a stay at home mom." That would enrage me! Yes, I'm sure there must be a special crown in heaven for moms.

Gerri

"Be strong and do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded." 2 Corithians 15:7

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved