The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34847 - 08/26/05 05:44 PM kid's stuff
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
School begins soon. I'm hoping that means there will be less kid's stuff left hanging around the counters, floors, tables, sofas, etc.

I know this time next year I'll be sorry I ever complained becasue they will all be gone, but for now...let me whine.

Oops, I jsut finished reading Big Girls Don't Whine, great book. I need to snap myself into shape!

#34848 - 08/27/05 02:10 AM Re: kid's stuff
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dots,
Don't count on the kid's stuff leaving. In my case, the stuff didn't even decrease, it just morphed. They brought in stuff after every college semester which they insisted was safe only in what was at last MY house.

Both girls are out of college now and mothers of my wonderful grand children. However, their 'stuff' is still here. I finally got it moved to the attic and would love to move it OUT or into the girl's new homes, but they are resistant.
They also strongly oppose disposal. So I'm stuck with it.

Oh well, so much for whining. I better read the book.

#34849 - 08/27/05 04:27 AM Re: kid's stuff
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When my sons got their homes, they were given ALL their stuff and I even gave their wives the baby pictures of them for their own family albums. Maybe I'm wrong but once you move out into your own place you need to take your stuff with you. I am not running a storage locker. Why do parents insist on coddling their children even after they are gone???? I have friends that do it too but I could never make any sense of it. Any reasoning to offer?

#34850 - 08/27/05 05:20 AM Re: kid's stuff
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Not even a molecule of reason in my approach. I am just a wimp. The kids also keep faking me out. They say they are picking their stuff up and they come over and we all get into the reminiscing and I somehow wind up with it again.

Like I said, I'm a wimp.
smile

#34851 - 09/02/05 07:03 AM Re: kid's stuff
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smile, Mom was also a wimp. We got our stuff back when they sold their home! Yup, prom gowns, autographed uniform shirts from the last day of school, essays, school projects, old text books, smiley face pins, floppy hats, and the list goes on. Now some of that old stuff is in my attic. [Roll Eyes]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved