The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 211 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#189658 - 09/10/09 02:01 PM Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
I have new cabinets and some people are teling me that with the finish in the shelfs there is no need for shelf paper any more. I'd love to see some more opinions as the people I have asked seem to be split 50/50 on this question. Such a silly thing to stew about but I am interested in the responses and opinions. thanks

#189667 - 09/10/09 06:01 PM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: greene]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Funny, this has always been an issue for me too. I've tried both and I think it depends on the quality of the wood. If the wood has a nice finish that can be wiped clean easily, then I haven't been using the paper. I say go for it without the paper.

I once used paper that eventually stuck to the wood and was a real pain to remove. YUCK.

#189675 - 09/10/09 08:45 PM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Why not just "place" some doilies instead of adhering the paper. Find some heavy-duty wallpaper sample books (check your local Lowes and see if they are discontinuing any).

#189777 - 09/12/09 12:51 AM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have purchased vinly table cloths for years in all my homes, cut them to fit the cabinets and laid them in place. Vinyl is heavy and stays where you put it. It is completely washable and can be removed easily if need be since its not stuck there. Try it, it works wonderfully.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#189779 - 09/12/09 01:41 AM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chatty, what a great idea! Thanks!!

(Maya Angelou)

#189790 - 09/12/09 12:48 PM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: Eagle Heart]
greene Offline

The tabble cloths do seem like a geat idea. At the moment I'm leaning towad belieing the folks that say they just aren't needed with new cabinetry. Maye thats is just taking the lazy way out.....but. I'm lazy.

#189792 - 09/12/09 02:34 PM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: greene]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Chatty, that is a great idea! For newer cabinets like that, I wouldn't bother though. With the slick finishes of shelving now, they're much easier to clean. No more splinters or need for shelf paper. Progress. smile

#189797 - 09/12/09 03:24 PM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: DonnaJ]
greene Offline

So, ladies, you have convinced me. My need to put up shelf paper comes from old shelfs that were bare wood with no slick finish. The new ones I have are great and I think I will bite the bullet and not use any. Funny how I've used it for a life time and somehow hear my mother's voice from the grave telling me to put in my paper. Well. she doesn't know about new advances so this time i just get to ignore her!

#189825 - 09/12/09 10:53 PM Re: Shelf paper vs. no shelf paper [Re: greene]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If no shelving doesn't work for you Greenne you can always add the shelving later...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved