The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120721 - 06/09/07 12:29 AM Chronic Pain
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi, I'm new here so this may have been discussed previously but I thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone can relate.
I am a sufferer of Chronic Pain. By this I mean that I am medicated against pain 24 hours a day. This is because I broke my neck twice and in doing so, did injury that damaged my nerves. Although I am a dancer/gymnast/yoga instructor I still must remain medicated at all times.
Sometimes I suffer an injury which I did at my dentist recently that flares my pain and causes me to have to raise my pain medication until I is resolved.
Does anyone else suffer from Chronic Pain here on the forum?
Can anyone relate to this?
Thank you for reading in case this is an old subject. I am, as I said, new here and this is a part of my life so I wondered if I had any compadre's on this site!
dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#120722 - 06/09/07 12:50 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
The closest I come to that is chronic migraines. 3-4 days of total hell where medication can be a complete joke, but then a bunch of time where I'm free. I am on meds every day to help control it though.

Some of the other gals here are in your situation, though, and I'm sure they'll answer when they see this post.

Poet and essayist

#120723 - 06/09/07 01:13 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: meredithbead]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hi Dancer. How did you get an injury at a dentist's office?

I have the 3 types of scoliosis and was injured in an elevator malfunction in 2004. Chronic pain, meds daily except for the occassional days when I have very little pain. I just love those days.

There are others here who can relate.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#120724 - 06/09/07 08:57 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Saundra]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
hi me too i medicated 24/7 and hate it.
i cut down a lot over last lot of weeks/mounths managed to do my stuff with minimal support from my partner (their bussie getting their own exiting stuff fixed up leaving litttle time or energie for me and child) i was on my way to eliminating them to see if i could carrie another child before biologie beets me lol but i can't do without the meds yet to conciving is out of the question.

like yourself i do to much one day or (FM) plays up and i have to incress my meds, i been reading stuff under health about fybromyalgie its in the our bodie section on the forum their you got ladies who weer realie bad and came off their meds compleatlie. i was hoping it be the same for me, so i got fm and had a car accident that twisted my spine, pelvise and rotated hip...perhaps it was the cras that coused the fm, i got nerve damage down right side and limited mobilitie from arm socket.

yea i can relate to the pain and how you eventulie learn to live with it without going fullie insane, being woken up middle of night for the pain. the whole side effects of the painkillers etc etc etc lol. i also know for me if i gave up and did nuthing i go bonkers so bad as it can be sometimes its best i keep relativlie active.
I got a frend who broke back several places and is in constant pain too, she a great help and resorces for me sometimes just the emphatie with each other helps greatlie, and also encouragment for physio tens machines etc.

well i know the other ladies prettie soar out their so i give them a chance to talk...

nice meeting you and hope to talk soon, love your picture.

#120725 - 06/10/07 06:18 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: celtic_flame]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I also have chronic pain from spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease in my back. I also have fibromyalgia.

Being medicated isn't fun, but it's necessary. Living in pain can be depressing. It can cause depression. Then, there's the medication for that. Which has another whole set of side effects.

I'm glad to see you still have an active lifestyle even with the pain. It's good to keep moving and have creative outlets.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#120726 - 06/11/07 07:15 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Is there any known cure for fibromyalgia and not treating just the symptoms?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120727 - 06/11/07 07:45 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
How I respect all you ladies who suffer under chronic pain, but still manage to display a love of life and humour.

How do you do that?

When I have a horrible cold, I feel like dying. I am just absolutely floored that so many of you suffer daily, but still can perform your jobs, lead 'normal' everyday lives…and that with, from what I can fathom, a fantastic attitude. I'm sure you must have your days when you can't take it any more. Is it your religious beliefs that keep you strong and going?

I hate to admit this, but I'm such a wimp. I could learn a great deal on how to stay strong and accept. You're all fantastic ladies.

#120728 - 06/12/07 01:53 PM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have erosive arthritis and due to allergy cannot use medication so I have a TENS machine.
When I do too much I suffer and its finding out what is too much..I because keeping mobile is important .
Mountian ash

#120729 - 06/13/07 06:16 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, I also have degenerative arthritis, can cause lots of pain in addition to the migraines.

When I was going through chemo, people would constantly tell me how brave I was. I never felt brave -- I just didn't have a choice.

When I have my pain, and I'm sure the other ladies with theirs, I don't think about being brave. Sometimes it's one day at a time and sometimes one hour at a time.

To give an example -- I had a migraine this Sunday starting 8am, and I was working a craft fair. So all day I thought, "If I can just make it through the day without barfing, I'll be fine." Then when sales were over: "If I can just finish packing before I throw up, that will be good." Then "If I don't throw up in the car on the way home, this will be a good thing." Etc. You make it through whatever moment you need to go through.

To address another point -- somedays I can't function at all. To dam sick. So I lie down, take my meds, whatever. Try to think about something, anything that isn't about pain. "This too shall pass."

Religion doesn't enter into it much on my part.

Poet and essayist

#120730 - 06/13/07 09:41 AM Re: Chronic Pain [Re: meredithbead]
Emyjay Offline

Hi Ladies,

I'm so sorry that all of you are suffering from chronic pain.

The closest I've ever come to being in that state was when an elementary school boy (big boy) slammed a fire door into my right hand. I was home for a whole year after that. First meds and in a cast, then physical therapy every other day. I also had a TENS machine, because I'm allergic to most pain meds.

That was only for one year. I'm good now. No pain ever.

It must take a great deal of courage to tolerate pain daily and continue to take part in life - living and giving.

Love,
Emily

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved