The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#158507 - 09/02/08 08:55 PM FEEL GOOD DAY...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
HERE ARE JUST TEN SIMPLE STEPS...

1. Hold the elevator door, or any door, for someone you don't kinow.

2. Turn your phone off during one meal so that you can focus completely on the conversation with your dining companions/family. If you are eating along, take the time to daydream or really experience your mea

3. Schedule 15 minutes of exercise four or five times a week into your daily calendar for the next month. A good habit takes a few weeks to form.

4. Call a local organization to see how ytou can help. Most organizations have helping hand programs.

5. Take a healthy walk and pick up some litter along the way.

6. Reflect for a few minutes and then give thankis for all your blessings.

7. Write a letter to an american soldier overseas - or send him a paperback book, or one your finished with. Find out how at anysoldier.com or operationpaperback.org

8. Leave a friend a "HAVE A GREAT DAY!" voicemail that will be waiting for them when they arrive at work or simply get up in the morning.

9. Sing your favorite song.

10. Step outside and enjoy the world around you, a sunrise, oir sunset. Smell thw flowers.

Now take a moment to come up with ten more ideas of your own.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#158513 - 09/02/08 09:38 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
1. Wake up with the doggies either still sleeping on the bed or peering at me to get out of bed.
2. Rejoice in the beautiful, wonderful habitat green space with scrub oak and evergreen outside my window (versus inside.)
3. Not having a migraine
4. Catching up with one or both brothers
5. Having a coherant conversation with my mother (she coherant)
6. Having someone let me get over to the lane that I need to be in to make a turn; letting someone get into the lane they need.
7. Coming to BWS
8. Learning something new to do with my computer
9. Getting an email that someone I don't know has been empowered by something I said or did and I may not even remember I did it
10. Hubby comes home and cooks dinner for me!
That's just a partial list of a feel good day. It's all about ME!

#158514 - 09/02/08 09:41 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Sorry, still can't edit. I've always wondered if the title of this forum might be "mental health" as opposed to "mental illness."

#158571 - 09/03/08 06:40 AM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

That is certainly a more positive title isn't it?

#158759 - 09/04/08 08:00 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'll see if I can change it without losing the posts.

#158792 - 09/05/08 02:01 AM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Dotsie, we sure can find ways to keep you busy. It's true that the "politically correct" means to describe mental aspects is in terms of mental health. Same with disabilities. Abilities. And my blind student told me she was "visually impaired"
Wow, Down syndrome used to be "Mongoloid."

#158814 - 09/05/08 04:07 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Princess Lenora]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
In the professional communitnties 'mental health' is used. Of course, someone always finds a way to be even more PC. I've seen 'wellness' 'lifestyle wellness' and more.
When I started teaching special ed. I taught retarded kids, then mentally handicapped, then mentally challenged, developmentally delayed, developmentally challenged, differently challenged and lately 'alternatively abled" We teachers used to chuckled at the newest thing (while we changed all the county forms to conform) We knew the title didn't change the problem or the solution in anyway. Our sweet babies were still retarded and we still loved them just as much no matter what the current PC title was.

#158862 - 09/05/08 09:00 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: greene]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have always hated that word, Mongoloid...It has such a negative sound to it, and these children are not negative in anyway. They are so loving and sweet. We have a place here called Opportunity Village where these children and young adults are given work, all kinds of jobs and taught makeup, clothes, they are quite self sufficient with just a little help. It is a remarkable place where I voluntreer when time allows. They put on a Christmas extravaganza to beat all others too...

#158918 - 09/06/08 08:16 AM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Like Greene the terminology changed though time for my department within school.
First handicapped unit. then disabled unit then physically impaired unit.Finally physically impaired.
Abreviated we end up being
The PI Unit..
which some other students called the PEE unit.
Me I always said I worked in Room 4.(The best part of the school).

At the begining of my career (intergration in education) in 1979 one of my neighbours believed I was a volunteer...because "those sort of folk need all the help they can get"
Life has moved on I am happy to say.

Yes Chatty Mogoloid and other tabs.So wrong.

Interestingly many common use names developed from medical terminolgy and then became derogatory due to the implicatuion used.By the mainstream population.
Mountain ash

#158963 - 09/06/08 07:44 PM Re: FEEL GOOD DAY... [Re: Mountain Ash]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hmm..back to the FEEL GOOD DAY. Hope that´s ok.

Taking some time out for myself..just me and myself.

Talking on the phone with my son in the US.
Hearing his voice.

Visiting with my dear friend, Inger. We always talk from the soul.

Taking a walk..with or without my mp3.

Having latte with my partner at our favorite cafe among the trees

Sleeping in late on the week.ends.

Eating sushi and watching my favorite english detective..Midsummer Murders (Barnaby) or Morse.

Spending some time with my grandkids.

Sitting by the water on a sunny warm day..and then swimming.

WOW..this was fun!!! grin

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved