The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#138674 - 01/20/08 12:17 AM I'm back and happy!!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi all, just wanted to let you all know that I'm past my serious depression and have found my happiness button again and have been pushing it. No longer depressed, I'm seeing blue skies again, and walking on sunshine. As a matter of fact, that has become my new favorite song. Walking on Sunshine.

This was the longest and deepest depression I'd ever experienced. It started in late October or early November and lasted into January. If my doctor hadn't intervened, I honestly don't know where I'd be right now.

Best news of all, I'm taking a very well deserved vacation and going to Hawaii for 9 days. I leave on Tuesday and won't be back until late the 30th. Then on the 1st I leave for a writers' retreat and won't be back until the 3rd. So, wish me luck and lots of happiness and fun.

Thank you all for your support.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#138675 - 01/20/08 12:19 AM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Vicki! I am so happy to hear you are better! I went into a deep depression as well, but seem to be much better since my cruise. It will do you good to go on vacation. Don't take your laptop, don't take a cell phone, just go!!!

Love you girl, glad to see you again!
www.christianstoryteller.com

#138676 - 01/20/08 12:27 AM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Here´s wishing you lots of luck,happiness and FUN!!!! Welcome back. We don´t know eachother..but what you wrote moved me. Have a really wonderful time!!!

#138677 - 01/20/08 12:50 AM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: humlan]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Vicki & Sherri, I'm sorry to hear about that debilitating depression. Sometimes even after a bout of depression passes we don't return to our former activities. So I'm glad you're back to your on line community.

#138678 - 01/20/08 04:49 AM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Vicki, when I didn't see you for a while, I figure that might be the case. Sorry you had such a bad time but glad you're doing better now Enjoy your trip to Hawaii and the writers' retreat.

Poet and essayist

#138679 - 01/20/08 09:07 AM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: meredithbead]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Hey, youngun, glad you made it back. You had me worried, for sure.
Hawaii sounds like a great idea! Hope it reboots you some more.
Blessings

#138680 - 01/20/08 11:02 PM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: gims]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Thank you all for your support. It really was a rough time. Far rougher and more depressed than I have ever been before. Even to the point that I contemplated suicide. Although I didn't realize it at the time that's what I was doing.

I turned to my doctor. Thank God he knew what to do.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#138681 - 01/20/08 11:12 PM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My heartfelt congratulations on making it through, Vicki! Many don't know what courage, perseverance and hard work it takes...I do, and I celebrate your journey and victory! It's always an inspiration to others who struggle with depression to see that someone else has been there and survived to thrive.

Welcome back!

(Maya Angelou)

#138682 - 01/20/08 11:22 PM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Vicki, I'm so glad to see you here. You were missed and thought of on a daily basis. Not only are you back, but with such good news. If you need someone to carry your bags, I'm available...

Have the time of your life, Vicki. You so richly deserve it!

#138683 - 01/21/08 12:19 AM Re: I'm back and happy!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Vicki....I've missed your smile and bright red shirt...and of course your words of wisdom. Depression...wow...that's pretty rough...it's tetimony to your inner strength overcoming it. I'm proud of you and I hope you enjoy every minute of your vacation...JJ...I'll carry your bags while you're carring Vicki's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved