The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#130781 - 10/30/07 02:38 PM Back slide here
Emyjay Offline

My therapist says my back slide to anxiety has to do with all of the problems I've had at work, plus I've been very sick and could only get yesterday off. I've been doing
either the morning of afternoon shift, trying to get well. I'm on some kind of super-power antibiotic that gives me a stomach ache.

I've been doing soooo good. Now, I'm scared.

One thing bothering me is that 60 is approaching. Has anyone else here on the boards had a sixty is coming anxiety or depression? I hope not - wouldn't wish either of these two on anyone. But if you have, could you share what you did to lessen "the blow." Thank you in advance.

Emily

#130782 - 10/30/07 10:16 PM Re: Back slide here [Re: Emyjay]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had one at 55, then 60 and then 65...Didn't do me any good so I decided to think differently about it. Instead of dreading each new year, I welcomed them, being happy to still be among the living. IT works!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#130783 - 10/30/07 11:41 PM Re: Back slide here [Re: chatty lady]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I'm with Chatty...each year is a blessing. My mom passed at 50 and I've made it to 56!

#130784 - 11/01/07 04:57 PM Re: Back slide here [Re: Casey]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Emily, little bumps in the path of life are okay. You're not going to be perfect every day. Don't put that much pressure on yourself. Give yourself permission to have off days.

I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope the antibiotics work to make you better.

Just remember, take life as it comes. Don't worry so much about the future to the point of a panic attack. Enjoy each day as it comes. Living fully in the moment. Let tomorrow take care of itself. It will get here soon enough.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#130785 - 11/01/07 07:38 PM Re: Back slide here [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I tried to work myself into a panic at turning 60 but it didn't work...darn it. I love those pity parties so much!

It's a number and nothing more. I still feel like I'm thirty but with brains this time.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#130786 - 11/02/07 06:04 AM Re: Back slide here [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies we are all FABULOUS!!! Getting better with each passing year.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#130787 - 11/02/07 06:02 PM Love it... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I like the way you think! We're not getting older; we're getting better!!! Sounds good.

#130788 - 11/03/07 01:24 AM Re: Love it... [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't know about turning 60 but if I am like any of you here, well I'd be just fine and happy about that.
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#130789 - 11/16/07 06:38 PM Grandmother was cool...Re: Love it... [Re: dancer9]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Boomers,
My grandma aged gracefully! At age 84, she walked around New York City like a youngster. The lady loved men and flirted shamelessly. And they loved her. She laughed. She made the best pies in the world. What an example she was of how to age and maintain a sense of humor about it.
Mom, Daddy & Gramps were cool, too. All of them lived to be over age 90! Now, what do you think about that?

#130790 - 11/16/07 07:13 PM Grandmother was cool...Re: Love it... [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Emyjay, I want to say so much, but am a bit reluctant, so I'll leave it at "the outcome is up to you."
Might I suggest a couple of books, "Healing From the Inside Out" and "Hormones, Health, and Happiness." I have many more to recommend, but those two are a good start.

Weirdest thing just happened. The system logged me off and I couldn't get back in. I was fearful of offending Emyjay, but I think I should have been fearful of offending the board too... anyway... to finish my thoughts:

I researched vitamins and minerals for my mom (sorry about referring to her again, but I think there's valuable info involved). I wanted something that covered everything, especially her dramatic mood swings. The owner of my herb/health store recommended a pre-natal duo - a multinutrient (vitamins and minerals) combo pack with DHA. Our mom has been on it for going on 2 weeks, and believe it or not she has not only quit her continuous crying, she is MAKING JOKES about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. She's laughing and smiling so much it's almost as hard as her crying... I definitely can't keep up with her (but I certainly prefer this than the morbid thinking she had before). How long will this last? Who knows. But, at least we know she was vitamin/mineral deficient in some ways.

Edited by gimster (11/16/07 07:37 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved