The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#126146 - 08/21/07 05:39 PM New emotion
Emyjay Offline

I'm sure everyone is getting tired of my "me" posts. I've been under stress going back to work. See professional life. People have been so kind.

Today, I am experiencing an emotion that I don't have much experience with. It's a feeling of "detachment." Very weird.

I'm doing okay at work today. Can't figure out where this is coming from unless it's just all bottled up for so many years???

I don't hope anyone has experienced this bad feeling, but I sure would like to put a name to this.

Love,
Emily

#126147 - 08/21/07 05:57 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Emyjay]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Emjay, can you elaborate on what the detachment feels like other than bad? Do you feel removed from the connections to other people? Do you feel detached because you think you are alone?

#126148 - 08/21/07 07:34 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

Your addition stress from work will have an effect.Also are you on any new medication?
Do tell your Doctor if this continues.
Moubntain ash

#126149 - 08/22/07 12:43 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Mountain Ash]
Emyjay Offline

Princess and Mountain,

I went to my therapist last night. He says this feeling of "being in a fog" is a detachment from the stress of this year starting again. I was so relaxed.

I am forcing myself to go to work. So, I don't really want to be there and all I can really concentrate on is going home.

Sherie will not be on my back as much, because I am no longer the coordinator of the site.

But, I just don't want to be there. Think this is causing the "detachment" feeling.

It's new to me. Well, maybe it isn't and I just haven't felt this way in a long time.

That's the best I can explain this scary feeling.

Blessings,
Emily

#126150 - 08/22/07 01:36 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Emyjay]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Emjay, I must commend you on continuing to seek the advice and support of a therapist. I hope you can work through this scary feeling to get to a more comfortable place, whether or not you are at work. L, PL

#126151 - 08/22/07 03:25 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Emy, I agree, keep working with your therapist. Have you considered looking for another job that might be more attractive to you? I'm sure that might sound overwhelming, but in the long run, it might help to go to a job that you like a little more.

#126152 - 08/22/07 08:03 PM Re: New emotion
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
Emy, please do keep seeing your therapist. Is this detached feeling one of you not wanting to have others around? wanting to be left alone? wanting to be emotionally detached from others? If so, yes I have experienced that and it was very difficult and it did last for some time. I was going through a bad period of depression. My reason for wanting to be detached was that I didn't want to become emotionally attached to anyone, don't let them get close and they can't hurt me. After reading some of your past posts my heart ached for you because you seem to be in so much pain. Keep seeing your therapist and you're going to need to reach deep inside yourself and see exactly what the source of those feelings are and find some way to deal with them and pray, prayer can make miracles happen.
Gerri

#126153 - 08/23/07 08:50 AM Re: New emotion [Re: gerrbeck]
Mountain Ash Offline

Emily
can you see and feel how we love you.
Mountain ash

#126154 - 08/23/07 12:25 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Mountain Ash]
Emyjay Offline

Oh yes I can, Mountain.

Gerrbeck and Mountain and all, yesterday was better.

Maybe I'm just so used to having time to myself that I'm just going through an adjustment period, of sorts.

My normal schedule will be from 7:00 am till 9:00 then
3:30 - 6:30. Some days, I'll be working more hours.

When the kids are out of school, I work eight to ten hour days.

Anyway, that break time gives me time to read or take a nap or just be quiet.

This week and last have been hard due to registrations and set-ups.

I so appreciate all of the help that I'm getting from the kind ladies on this forum.

Gerrbeck, I don't know how to explain how I've been feeling. Just in a fog. Yesterday was better. I hope I keep going in that direction.

Love,
Emily

#126155 - 08/23/07 02:27 PM Re: New emotion [Re: Emyjay]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Emy, blame it on the weather. The sun hasn't been out in five days and I think everyone's getting tired of it. I know you have the same weather we do. YUK! When is the sun going to shine? I haven't seen it since Saturday.

Edited by Dotsie (08/23/07 02:28 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved