The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#27333 - 02/16/03 03:10 PM Forum changes?!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am in the process of considering making some changes to this forum.

One will be changing MENTAL ILLNESS to MENTAL HEALTH.

I also think we need to have a forum for current events. I noticed one of the most popular topics is, Against War, and that is in the ANNOUNCEMENTS forum.

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

#27334 - 02/16/03 03:20 PM Re: Forum changes?!
Teri Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Dotsie, have you ever considered a chat room for Boomerwomen? Maybe this has been addresses already, so I apologize if this is a repeat question.

I think it would be fun to be able to banter back and forth.

What do you think?

#27335 - 02/17/03 02:55 PM Re: Forum changes?!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Teri, I think it is a great idea, but I don't think we have enough traffic YET!

I have a plan to get the word out about my project and some of it will be unfolding in the next couple weeks.

I will be attending a convention and contacting local papers and a television station.

When traffic picks up, it is highly likely that we will have chat rooms.

Thanks for thinking and offering suggestions!

Blessings on you! [Razz]

#27336 - 02/17/03 06:12 PM Re: Forum changes?!
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Dotsie --

May I assume to make a small suggestion about your boomerwomenspeak.com home page?

When you go there it tells about your book -- but I don't think anyone visiting for the first time realizes that we have this great forum. Maybe you could tell them about it on the home page -- or maybe change the name FORUM to something more "universal language" like message board or chat or something like that. Unless they take the time to search your whole website -- they're likely to miss all our delightful chatter.

Just a thought [Smile]

#27337 - 02/17/03 06:49 PM Re: Forum changes?!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lionspaaw, thanks for the thoughts! The gal who is doing my site has already designed a flasher for the homepage that is ging to do just that!

It is already designed and yesterday we were deciding on whether it should go under the buttons on the right, or across the bottom. Any thoughts?

It is very simple, the words, connect, encourage, support...flashing one at a time...with a picture of the forum page, and then a little phrase that says, click here to visit the forum!

What do you think? It should be up sometime this week.

By the way...great minds think alike! [Big Grin]

#27338 - 02/17/03 10:29 PM Re: Forum changes?!
lionspaaw Offline

it's my psychic part of me working [Big Grin]

I think as long as you put yourself in the average woman's place -- how would you see the website and relate to it -- you'll do fine.

I've found, myself, that when I'm surfing -- if I have to struggle to find something of interest -- I'll simply click out of it, BUT give me a WOW between the eyes -- and I'll bookmark it in a heartbeat [Smile]

You have a great place for women to get together -- the easier you make it for the average woman to find -- the quicker it will catch on and be passed along. [Smile]

#27339 - 02/17/03 10:33 PM Re: Forum changes?!
lionspaaw Offline

p.s.

you might consider calling it the message boards istead of forum -- only because everything on the internet has a message board -- its a word that's so common place and everyone relates to and looks for -- even if it's much better than the average message board -- it will catch their eye

guess we just lost that great minds connection huh ??? [Big Grin]

#27340 - 02/22/03 12:00 AM Re: Forum changes?!
lionspaaw Offline

Just checked out the new addition to your home page -- very nice [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved