The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#107970 - 02/16/07 06:56 PM Hello From Georgia
EvilTwin Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hello! I found this site after experiencing a menopausal meltdown yesterday morning. I was feeling a bit down on myself afterwards and was searching on the internet for health and fitness coaches in my area. I just couldn't seem to find anything that either interested me or was close enough in proximity to me. So, I thought, "Why is it so hard to find something that will fit in with my menopausal self?" After a few more minutes, I found this site. So, here I am! Another new member said in a recent post, "I think I've found my people." I can relate.

I'm originally from Connecticut, spent a little time in Colorado and Oregon, and landed in Georgia in 1980. I have a 24-year-old daughter and a 4-year-old granddaughter who are in Oklahoma City and a 19-year-old son who is in Norman, Oklahoma.

I am 48 years old and recently re-married (a year ago in October). Between my husband and I, we have five grandchildren, including his triplet 4-year-old grandsons (now ... THAT's a lot of fun)!

I am a legal secretary by trade with an absolute addiction to photography. I've been earning a little bit of money here and there on portraits, fine art cards, calendars, and large prints. My dream is to expand and grow my little photography business.

I used to run an inspirational website where I posted an inspirational thought a day and other inspirational thoughts and sayings. When I was younger, I wrote a lot of poetry and will still rip one out here and there.

I'm looking forward to all the site has to offer and to getting to know my fellow Boomer Women/kindred spirits.

EvilTwin a/k/a Judy

http://www.alifescapesphoto.com

#107971 - 02/16/07 07:47 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: EvilTwin]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi EvilTwin - I love your name! That's how I feel when I have a meltdown as well, like someone has taken over my body and mind....

I'm 49, with two sons - 15 and 20. Oh, also have a hubby and a fat beagle. Triplette grandsons!!?? That's a handful!

You'll love it here, and I look forward to seeing more of you in the forums. By the way, I loved looking through your photos! And I have the exact same face attached to my pine tree!

Take care,
Kathy

#107972 - 02/16/07 07:48 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: EvilTwin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, there and welcome to BWS! I am sure the rest would soon follow to wish and greet you. Glad you found us. Many are menopausal as well so no worries there. We can all share this "wonderful" stage. At 48, you're a mere babe compared to me. Well, ET...I guess, I should find a better way to address you in the forums Hope to run into you at the threads again.

#107973 - 02/16/07 08:52 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: Lola]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hello there Judy....great that you have joined the gang of the www's, warm, wise and witty Bommer women. Triplet GC's wow...that sure must be sweet, fun and some toil thown in for good measure. The Grannies in the forums have been posting pics of all gc's and it is well worth a look . You will have grand time and I look forward to maybe sharing some of your poetry too.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#107974 - 02/16/07 09:08 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: Poppie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA

#107975 - 02/16/07 09:32 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hi there Judy. So glad to see another Southern gal in here. Would you believe these people think I have an accent? I'm not lying....

By the way, I've done the dragon....yep...sure have!

Gotta run...but wanted to pop in and say WELCOME!

#107976 - 02/16/07 09:33 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: gims]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Let me add my welcome too. Triplets? How cool is that?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#107977 - 02/16/07 09:43 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: gims]
Emyjay Offline

Hello from frozen over Silver Spring, Maryland!

Welcome to this exciting, inspirational, friendly, interesting, compassionate, funny website!

I'm a relative newbie, myself. I am so happy that I found this site. I find myself checking in now and then at around bladder meltdown (3:00 am) or when I have insomnia, and never going back to bed. Just on to work.

I hope this preoccupation with this site passes soon, or I will need household coverup for the circles that have developed under my eyes.

But, I love it here. You will, too.

What fun you must be having with all of those grandchildren. And triplets. Wow! Does your daughter or daughter-in-law have help, I hope . . . now that's a hectic, but happy, little household.

I have one wonderful son, a sweet as pie daughter-in-law, two precious grandsons, four cocker spaniels, one nasty kitty, a pond stocked with fish and a wonderful husband, to whom I have been married for 33 or 34 years.

Nutshell info: I'm a vintage boomer(58); work part-time as a before and after school coordinator for the local YMCA; have been a newspaper journalist; love scrapbooking because I love to journal; and wish I could lose weight - but hate diet and exercise.

I'm long, long past menopause, because I had to have all of my female organs removed due to fibroids that kept coming back, despite lots of laser surgery.

So, I do know, very well, about that second personality. I went into that operating room nervous, but somewhat normal, and came out with sweats, rapid heartbeat, and using language that I don't usually use.

I had no preparation time and no one else I knew at the time was going through or had gone through menopause. Friends my own age, I mean.

I can't remember much about the two years that followed, which is probably good.

Now and then, I still have a power surge and have to start peeling my clothes off. I don't know why I'm still doing that. But I am happy to report that foul language is no longer a part of my vocabulary! (Unless, of course, I get lost while driving or I have no chocolate in the house.)

So glad you found us!

Blessings,
Emily in Maryland

#107978 - 02/16/07 10:04 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: Emyjay]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Welcome, welcome, welcome, Evil. I know that you will have fun getting to know everyone here, in this virtual world. We are a diverse group and lots of great topics to explore. Enjoy away!

#107979 - 02/16/07 10:11 PM Re: Hello From Georgia [Re: Anno]
EvilTwin Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Wow. So many warm welcomes. I'm gonna like it here, I can tell! I will respond more thoroughly at the end of the weekend. For now, I'm outta here. Hubby and I are heading towards Savannah in the RV. Have a great weekend. Talk to ya' soon.

EvilTwin a/k/a Judy

http://www.alifescapesphoto.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved