The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#184537 - 06/18/09 05:09 PM Hello from Virginia
Michele Offline

I’m so happy to have joined a site where I have the opportunity to share things in common with others and can learn from. I have lived in Virginia for a little over 11 years, work in D.C. and travelled mostly in the mid-west and east coast because of my husband’s career. He retired from the Air Force after 33 years of service.

I have three grown children and twin grandbaby girls that just turned two and keep me hopping! They are wonderful.

My passion has been drawing and painting (creating) and I turned that into a jewelry hobby/business three years ago, which grew as a stress reliever from my full-time job. I do several craft-shows and festivals each year and dearly love it.

I look forward to sharing thoughts, conversations, gaining insight and information!

All the best,

Michele

#184540 - 06/18/09 05:26 PM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: Michele]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Gosh Michelle, you sound like you fit in perfectly!! Hope you stick around. Twin grandbaby girls? How sweet. Do you get to see them often?

Doing creative things is for many of us a passion. I wish I had more time for that...still have to work, but am looking forward to retirement!

#184571 - 06/18/09 08:18 PM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: Edelweiss3]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Welcome, Michelle!

Edelweiss: I believe in doing in now and saying it now, because the next second isn't promised to us. So many people are waiting.....for retirement, for when someone graduates, or something happens.......do what makes you happy NOW, sweetie

Love, Alice

#184658 - 06/19/09 08:51 PM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: Alice]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome Michelle, I so agree with Alice, Edelweiss. Take time today because for some there may not be many tomorrows. I did retire and started my own business, WRITERS SERVICES, where I write, ghostwrite and mostly edit other writers manuscripts. In my spare time, the time I steal for myself everyday, I crochet. Many of the ladies here have ordered from me: lapgans, afghans, pet, and beautiful soft pastel colored babygans. I also make ponchos. Its such fun plus I sell many of them too. Ypou will definitely connect with many of us. We have a couple of jewelry artists as well.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#186124 - 07/08/09 08:48 AM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: chatty lady]
andrewson Offline

Hi Michele welcome to the forum

#186131 - 07/08/09 02:14 PM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: andrewson]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi Michelle. I'm in MD, practically neighbors. How do you like the drive or train ride into DC? Does it work for you? My son did an internship in DC one summer and took the train into DC every day. It's not a bad ride, and gives you time to read and relax.

Is any of your creative work online for us to browse?

#186153 - 07/08/09 04:38 PM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Michelle...I too have two grandbeauties (girls) and I adore them....I love seeing them come to visit/spend the night...and I love seeing them leave. Bawwwwhahahah....they wear me slap out!

#186227 - 07/09/09 06:11 PM Re: Hello from Virginia [Re: jawjaw]
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Welcome to the group, Michele! Look forward to getting to know you! I bet those craft shows are fun!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved