The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21478 - 10/30/03 05:09 PM updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, countrygirl has been a very active member of our community. She is now in school studying to get ther RN degree and working, doing the family thing and all the rest. It might be nice if a couple of us email her and tell her we're thinking of her.

Also, Vicky Taylor who has been an active member in the past has been sick. Geez...she's been in the hospital twice with bacterial pnemonia. In addition to that she was the coordinator for the Florida Writer's Conference in Orlando and had to miss her own conference! [Frown]

I've emailed oleladee and last I heard she was having problems with her Lupus. [Frown]

Please pray for our friends who will get back when they can meantime I'll post their email addresses and if you want to pop in on them that would be appreciated!

#21479 - 10/30/03 05:35 PM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

countrygirl- dmbarnes@nckcn.com
vicki taylor- vickimtaylor@vickimtaylor.com
oleladee- oleladee@email2me.net

#21480 - 11/01/03 08:08 AM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks to the queen we learned that oleladee's computer crashed, her Lupus is doing better, ans she is on the road traveling!

Thanks queen for helping out here. [Wink]

#21481 - 11/01/03 08:10 AM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
p.s. just heard from Countrygirl and she is swamped with school. Poor thing. She says she will come and see us during Christmas break but for now, she doesn't even have time to lurk... [Frown]

#21482 - 12/13/03 01:41 AM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Vicki Taylor here - I'm doing much much better. My pneumonia and bronchitis are gone and every day I get stronger and stronger. I can walk my dog down to the end of the street and back! YAY!!

It was really tough going there for a bit. I appreciated everyones kind thoughts and prayers.

Peace!

[ December 12, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]

#21483 - 12/15/03 12:40 AM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Vicki, it's great to have you back and know you are feeling better. [Big Grin]

#21484 - 12/23/03 09:13 AM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Helo everyone! I've really missed checking the forum everyday. School has been such a time hog. But now I'm free until January 21, when I start the spring semester. I did manage to get Bs in both algebra and nursing, and with working full time as well, I feel pretty happy with my grades.
We had our first Christmas dinner yesterday for my husband's side of the family. He is the oldest of 10, so with all the kids, grandkids, and greatgrandkids, Dennis's parents have really multiplied their descendants. We had to rent the American Legion just to feed everyone.
We babysat for 2 of our grandkids tonight while my daughter, Becky, celebrated her 27th birthday with her husband by going out for supper. We always enjoy having the kids...they are easy to watch. Little Abby helped me wash dishes. She's only 5, but she loves to be a "busy bee". Her older brother, Colin, brought along a friend, and they entertained themselves with a movie and then played games on my computer until 11p.m. Becky showed up soon afterward to take them home.
I'm hoping to get a little writing and art done while I'm on Christmas break. I finished crocheting an afgan, which I plan to give to my Mom for Christmas. It's only taken me a year to finish it! I immediately started another afgan with leftover yarn. I might give it to Jason's girlfriend next year sometime. Jason is getting her a promise ring for Christmas, so a wedding may be in the works one of these days.
Well, it's after midnight and I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, so off to bed I go. I'll try to come back and read some of the other postings tomorrow. TaTa!

#21485 - 12/23/03 04:17 PM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Countrygirl, welcome back! We're proud of your accomplishments in school. You must be driven to do tis while working as a nurse full time. You're an inspiration. [Big Grin]

Loved hearing about the family get together at The American Legion. What a great way to do it. No one person has to be frantic about all the preparations!

Looking forward to hearing about you and your family again. And perhaps a wedding to boot! [Wink]

#21486 - 12/30/03 06:37 PM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Congratulations countrygirl on surviving your first semester. I'm glad you have such a long break and that you got to have a great party for the holidays. Keep up the good work. We miss you.

#21487 - 01/14/04 08:33 AM Re: updates on countrygirl and vicki taylor!
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Hello, everyone! Wow, I can't believe how quickly the time has flown since I took my fall finals and started break from school. Everyday is so full...I don't get half of my plans carried through. Maybe I just try to plan so much, or maybe I'm just slow...I'm not sure which is the case, but I suspect both are.
Just as a quick update, my son, Jason, did give his girlfriend, Jackie, a promise ring for Christmas, and now they have found a house they plan to buy. Jason said they will sign the mortgage papers next week.
Daughter Becky is showing pretty good with her pregnancy now. She is due June 20, which is the day after little Regan's birthday, who is 8. Regan is the daughter of my youngest daughter, Teresa, who was killed in the fire in 1999. Regan lives with her daddy now and quite a little spitfire.
Hubby Dennis is on his way back from New Mexico. He had to drive down there to bring his parents home after his dad, Dale, became very ill. They go to New Mexico to spend the winter every year, but this year didn't work out very well, as he became ill with atrial fibrillation and congestive heart failure combined with pneumonia after they left home. He was hospitalized at least twice while he was down there and it took a lot of convincing to let us help him come home. Men!! They can be so stubborn!!! Dale's wife's brother, Darwin "Buck" is in the hospital with a stroke he suffered two days ago. He's doing better and is working with occupational therapy to regain his speech and use of his right side.
I return to school on the 21st. I picked up my Sociology book yesterday. It looks pretty interesting, so maybe I'll actually enjoy this class! I never want to see another algebra class again!
Well, I'd better finish this and head to bed. It's almost midnight. I work tomorrow evening, then will be off til Friday and Saturday when I will work 7p-7a both nights.
Have a good week Boomers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved