The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 225 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#183776 - 06/05/09 09:41 PM severe abdominal cramps and bloating
kika Offline

Anyone suffer from daily cramps and bloating? Went to see my GYN and she said I ahve an "inflamed uterus". Never heard of it antibiotics are not helping. I thought I was in early labor last week, this is miserable. Any suggestions will try anything. Ps took blood test today to see how far I am in menapause and if she don't give me hormones (Estradiol is what my friend swears by) I am switching doctors. I have other symptoms but this is bad. no period 2 months now. I am 48.

#183777 - 06/05/09 09:45 PM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: kika]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi kika. Welcome to our neighborhood.

I've never heard of an inflamed uterus. Sounds painful. How long have you been on the antibiotics? They take a few days to wrk. Are you taking anything like Ibuprofen for the pain? Alwys good to get another opinion.

Edited by Dotsie (06/05/09 09:46 PM)

#183781 - 06/06/09 01:13 AM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: Dotsie]
kika Offline

I only started 2 days ago, but I think she is not taking my concerns seriously. I am taking naproxen, and tylenol etc. Thanks for your concern, I guess I'll have to wait for results of blood test and if she does not help me I'll switch doctors.

#183801 - 06/06/09 03:58 PM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: kika]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
If a doctor didn't take me seriously, I'd move on too.

Keep us posted.

Oh, I take a low dose of the birth control pill to help with peri-menopausal symptoms. Not everyone thinks I should do this, but it's a quality of life thing. I was feelin exhausted and grumpy, on edge, etc so I went for it and have not regretted the decision.

#183818 - 06/07/09 01:39 AM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME Kika, sorry to hear of your problem. I wouldn't wait for her to decide whats wrong. It doesn't sound good and certainly not from menopause. Have your ovaries checked!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#183866 - 06/08/09 02:45 AM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
This sounds abit serious. Best of luck on proper diagnosis and solution.

#183874 - 06/08/09 01:54 PM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: orchid]
Ellemm Offline

I'm sorry you are in distress and hope someone gets to the bottom of it quickly. BUT, I gotta tell you, that level of discomfort is not a typical symptom of menopause. Yes, our hormones gradually lower and we typically experience hot flashes, fatigue, etc., but it does sound like you have something more acute and not necessarily a hormone thing. But what do I know? How this week starts you on the upswing.

Taking hormones if you still have your uterus should be done very, very carefully because it has been proven to cause cancer. In fact, they stopped a study several years ago because there were just too many occurrences of cancer to be coincidental and it's unethical to continue a study when negative outcomes are obvious. We now know that women who have had hysterectomies can take hormones much more safely; other women, not so much.

#184081 - 06/11/09 03:09 PM Re: severe abdominal cramps and bloating [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
kika,
Welcome to Dotsie's boomer women speak. I had severe cramping, at times throughout the cycle of life when I had my period! It would get so bad, I could hardly stand it. I had that problem from the time I was in my 20s until after I got done with menopause. It was not every month; but it was now and again. And the now and again's were horrible. If I was working, I had to go to the faculty lounge and rest. [I worked for the local Board of Education at one time.] It is my understanding, the medical community cannot agree on the benefits of hormone replacement therapy. Some doctors think it's a good idea and some don't. Get several opinions before doing anything major! Prayers and blessings,

Edited by jabber (06/12/09 07:01 PM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved