The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#164437 - 11/03/08 04:33 PM Feeling fickle?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Can I blame this on perimenopause?

Yesterday, I came in from church and you'd think I'd be all upbeat...well I came through the back door and thought, urg, this house needs so much work. The floor needs to be done, the walls need painting, I want to get rid of that wallpaper, get a new counter top, blah, blah, blah.

This morning, I walked through the downstairs and thought, I love this house.

Anyone else do this? Moods, it's all about the mood.

#164445 - 11/03/08 05:01 PM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh yes, all the time...

Sometimes I get myself so worked up that I just put on some loud rock and roll music and tear through the house cleaning. Then I feel so much better!

And no, I'm not a clean freak. But when there are dishes on the counter, my son's messy bathroom, laundry piles to do, newspapers, books, magazines, etc, etc - well, you know.

#164446 - 11/03/08 05:17 PM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
OH YES!!! I can relate. Depending on my current mood..I either love my home and life..or NOT!

I find that I can be all weepy and melancholy in the early morning..before work. It can have something to do with blood sugar,too. I am NOT a person that has an even mood..balanced mood. I can swing from a high to low..a few times a day. I can laugh at myself a bit more these days..probably something to do with my venerable age wink But sometimes it´s not easy for my partner, who has a very balanced outlook of life..a positive outlook..to keep up with me. But he has a knack to get me to laugh at myself anyway. He maintains that with my hair I look like a poodle..so he starts by saying..Woof..and that kinds gets me centered. Well, some of the time anyway smile

#164495 - 11/04/08 01:19 AM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotie this is an absolute everyday occurance with me as far back as I can remember, fickle is right! I was fickle about my toys when young, friends foods I liked and dislikjed, and everything else and it never changed. I doubt, in my case menopause has anything to do with it as it bagan when I was around two years old. Today this same fickleness drives me crazy still. I won't go into detail but nothing and no one is free from my fickleness. SIGH!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164496 - 11/04/08 01:41 AM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I agree... feelings blowing in the wind... nothing to be alarmed about.

#164507 - 11/04/08 03:51 AM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I'm like Humlan, moods change quickly within a day. And like Chatty, I don't think any pause has anything to do with it. Since I don't get PMS anymore, at least I am not as extreme about these swings. I used to be really bad with PMD: I love you one day, I want a divorce the next day. My husband is very balanced.

#164532 - 11/04/08 03:55 PM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gims, thanks for sahring that it's nothing I should be alarmed about. That made me fell all better.

Our poor husbands who have to put up with these moods.

#164734 - 11/05/08 07:29 PM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
...yw... but if you start throwing things, yelling and kicking the dog, start being concerned!

#164750 - 11/05/08 08:14 PM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
OUR POOR HUSBANDS????? These poor husbands cause most of the upset and fickleness we feel, one day he'll be nice, the next a growling bear and so forth and so on. Maybe with Dr. Ross things are different, but MOST men get exactly what they deserve with our moods...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164783 - 11/06/08 01:01 AM Re: Feeling fickle? [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Hmmm, there's some truth in that Anne!

Here's a few more:

MENace
MENial
MENagerie

etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved