The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21065 - 03/02/06 05:34 AM Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback
MeganM Offline

Loc: Madison
Hi all! My name's Megan and I have been doing tons of research on bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. I've created an informational website on HRT and menopause, and am looking to expand my "personal stories" section. If you're interested in sharing anything that you've experienced regarding menopause or HRT, please let me know!! check out my site, www.bioidenticalmedicaldictionary.com, and you can reply to me here, or email me at meganmathews@tds.net. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you!

[ June 27, 2006, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: MeganM ]

#21066 - 03/02/06 06:46 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Megan, thanks for informing us about your site. I hope you will stick around and contiue to share what you've learned through your research. Why don't you go to the Welcome forum and introduce yourself.

Also, your link didn't work.

#21067 - 03/03/06 08:08 AM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Megan,
What OTC products do you recommend? I went online and there are a plethera of them to choose from.

#21068 - 03/02/06 10:58 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have been on bioidentical hormone replacement for a year. It has been great - but you really need to do some homework. Luckily, my doctor is one to try 'alternative' treatments. I have my blood tested every 3 months - so far I've only had two minor adjustments to the script. I use a topical cream daily containing estridol, progesterone and testerone.

The testosterone has made a HUGE difference... ;-)

#21069 - 03/02/06 11:02 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Hello Megan. I'm checking out the site you mentioned. Every woman needs to be educated as to her choices, concerning dealing with the effects of peri-menopause, menopause, and post-menopause.

Number5, here's the link to the site Meagan mentions:

http://www.bioidenticalmedicaldictionary.com/

That pesky little comma causes problems all the time! [Smile]

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#21070 - 06/28/06 12:11 AM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback
MeganM Offline

Loc: Madison
Hi there again,
Sorry I haven't posted lately. I have been busy working on the pharmacy site that we are putting up in corralation with http://www.bioidenticalmedicaldictionary.com. We are selling many of the OTC hormone creams, as well as vitamins and supplements, home hormone test kits, and so much more. If you are interested, please send me an email at meganmathews@tds.net, as it is not quite up and running yet.

Also, if you are interested in subscribing to our newsletter, please do so at http://www.mailermailer.com/x?oid=30853x

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or post them here as I will be checking this forum regularly! Thanks so much, and best of luck to all!!

Megan

#21071 - 08/24/06 02:34 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback [Re: MeganM]
Chase Offline
stranger

Hello, I have been on Bio identical hormones for a year and a half and have yet to feel good, I do not notice much difference at all. I do have regular blood tests each 6 months. I am currently on TRI-EST/PROG S.R. 4.0/125 mg Capsules.

Having recently doing research on the internet and wondering if I am Estrogen dominant.

I am considering getting off of my RX and using just a progesterone cream. My main concerns right now are the agitation, mood swings, painful sex, and severe hair loss, unability to fall asleep, usually lay in bed for about an hour or two.

Do you have any recommedations for me?

Would you also tell me how to back off of the Bio Identicals? I understand it must be done gradually. Thank you in advance, Chase

#21072 - 08/27/06 11:04 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback [Re: Chase]
Chase Offline
stranger

I thought I should add to my previous post but could not find where to edit, I am 60 years old and have been through menopause about 10 years, I have never had a hysterectomy, so have all my inner parts, thanks.

#21073 - 08/27/06 11:08 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback [Re: Chase]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chase,
I wish I could help you with your questions; but I'm just not knowledgable enough. As far as the edit goes, I think I read somewhere that Dotsie said after a day or so, the user's post were no longer available for edits. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure.

I also hope someone in here can answer your questions!

ps--WELCOME!

JJ

#21074 - 09/04/06 02:25 AM Re: Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Feedback [Re: jawjaw]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
As far as I can tell, "Bioidentical" is a trick word for "synthetic." It's not natural. Here's the thing: pharmaceutical companies are trying really really hard to find a way to make a profit selling progesterone. They can't do it. Natural progesterone is safe, it's inexpensive and they can't make a profit so they're trying to find ways to convince women to buy this stuff. I've been using nautral progesterone cream for several years. It has cured my fibroids, and a couple of ovarian cysts! I buy it from Arbonne.

It's hard to "do your homework" when there are so many slick sales people out there, especially these companies that come up with crazy terms like "bioidentical" and try to convince us that this is the same as natural. I wouldn't mess with it. Megan -- are you a pharmaceutical rep or something?

Edited by DJ (09/04/06 02:34 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved