The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 188 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#92181 - 10/18/06 04:05 PM menopause
nevadaangel Offline

After almost 2 yrs of no periods and I thought i was through with it all I just now started a period again, has anyone else have it happen like this,?

#92182 - 10/18/06 05:51 PM Re: menopause [Re: nevadaangel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
nevadaangel, welcome to the neighborhood. I've not heard of this. Let's see what the rest of the gals have to say. I thought once you didn't get your period for a year, you were finished!

#92183 - 10/18/06 08:09 PM Re: menopause
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Welcome nevadaangel!

I've read about experiences like yours many times. Usually if you suddenly have a period, after not having one for more than 12 months, then it means you should see your doctor.

Most likely it's nothing serious, but it's something that needs to be checked out.

Take care and keep us posted,
Kathy

#92184 - 10/18/06 11:23 PM Re: menopause [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome nevadaangel and thanks for the PM. Once my period stopped it never started again and was I ever thrilled. I agree with Kathy, go see your OB/GYN just to be on the safe side, it might be a Fibroid thats grown a little too large or slipped down and is holding a passage open...either way, easy to fix by a doctor.

Edited by chatty lady (10/18/06 11:24 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92185 - 10/19/06 12:02 AM Re: menopause [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

Nevadangel...It just happened to me last December 18th to be exact. I did not have a period for 17 months and was shocked and a bit alarmed as well when I got it. I called my GYN who is wonderful. I knew what he would do before I even called and hated the thought. He scheduled me for an internal, a uterine biopsy and did the CA125 blood test. All came back normal, thank the Lord. The biopsy is uncomfortable but tolerable. I've had it done before so I was a bit apprehensive but knew it was important. In the end, he said this happens sometimes with no apparent reason. Now, I have not had another period since that date. So let's see if I make the year mark. I am 58, a bit old for this to be happening! My hot flashes are intense and he tells me it will end soon...but when?!

#92186 - 10/19/06 12:27 AM Re: menopause [Re: Pam R.]
nevadaangel Offline

Thanks everyone for your responses, just paniced cause i was so use to not having one, I think iam really going to enjoy this forum seems perfect for women, glad i found it, well iam going to see how things go the next couple days and if i feel any worse i will go to the doctor, yeah i was so close a few times to being the one year without no periods then i have one, so then you have to start counting all over again maybe this is s the last hurrah!

#92187 - 10/19/06 01:24 PM Re: menopause [Re: nevadaangel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Heck, you learn something new every day in this neighborhood.

nevada, call your doctor just to be on the safe side.

#92188 - 10/19/06 08:49 PM Re: menopause
nevadaangel Offline

hi all, well i got to talk to my doctor today, and he wants to see if i have another period after this one or not, and then i have to go in Jan for my pap so he said he will run some tests then.

Being that i have always had irregular periods, it may be making this iregular too.

Just thought i would let you know i let my doctor know and whats up there, and i will let you know what happens in Jan too.

#92189 - 10/19/06 10:59 PM Re: menopause [Re: nevadaangel]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thanks for letting us know - Hope things continue to go well for you.

Kathy

#92190 - 10/20/06 12:25 AM Re: menopause [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Pam R. Offline

Try not to worry Nevadangel...My doc said it was just a "surge of estrogen" and that it happens sometimes. However, have the tests to play it safe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved