The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#20863 - 12/29/05 07:46 PM Another menopausal moment
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
I had one of those menopausal moments yesterday and today I pay for it. I was putting away some Christmas items and I couldn't reach the top shelf, so in my 10 year old thinking,I decided to throw my leg on the second shelf in the closet. Not a [Confused] good plan, when I went for lift off I RAMMED my head into the above door jam. Man, do I have a sore head today! It's best to think your plan through. All of you have a great day--as for me my companion today is an ice pack. Til next time------------LuckyLady???

#20864 - 12/30/05 08:23 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Your post so made me laugh...."in my 10 year old thinking". Thought I was the only one to do things like that...only in this house I have to instantly look around, to make sure no one is looking or worse yet....laughing!
Four out of five of my adult children are still at home.

It never fails, I never get away with anything.

Often wonder...if other families laugh at...take for instant last year it was icy and snowing the hubby bundles up in his warmest heavy coat...scoots out to the car in his normal work shoes. I'm standing behind closed door looking through the window....all of the sudden both legs are above his waist...boom down he comes unto his bum...I open the door and yell out...you ok. He answers yes...that was it I'm rolling on the floor with tears falling out of my eyes, can't control myself from fits of laughter...while he limps to the door.
Just sitting here writing this down and remembering I'm laughing....

Now tell me, anyone else do this???
Sick....

#20865 - 12/30/05 08:24 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Sorry to hear about your poor bumped head LL...you deserve a day off...and that ice pack sounds like just what the doctor oredered!!! Feel better!!!

#20866 - 12/30/05 08:31 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Brenda...I definitely do that!!!...I feel so evil too...nothing evokes hysterical laughter from me like watching a fall....what's the deal with that? A few summers ago my husband was out on a step ladder painting the trim above the porch...just as I poked my head out the window to ask him if he wanted a lemonade his legs went out from under him and down he came with the paint can following ...it landed directly on his head...he ran in the house embarrassed and enraged and covered in white paint.. pointed at me saying"Don't you dare laugh"...I bit my cheeks until he made it into the shower and then collapsed in fits of laughter!!! I'm a sicko too I guess... [Smile]

#20867 - 12/29/05 11:58 PM Re: Another menopausal moment
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I had a girlfriend try to arrange a flag on her outside of the house once...it was dark out..she only had her nightshirt on...no panties...she's up on a chair trying to fix the flag when all of a sudden, her feet come flying out from under her, she lands in the bushes with her nightshirt pulled up over her head....with all of her "privates" on display for the whole neighborhood to see!

NOW, that's a picture I don't want to see - but could make me pee my pants from laughing so darn hard!

danita

#20868 - 12/30/05 03:05 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
"No panties", thanks for that. Just waht I needed to hear.

My husband does intentional trips and often falls to go along with it just to make me laugh. While on beaches, he'll walk along the edge of the water and trip and fall as soon as I look up from my book. We laugh hysterically. He's been doing this for years. Everyone around him thinks he really tripped. It's so ridiculous.

We can be at a nice place for dinner, a movie, any where, and if the mood strikes him while he's walking towards me, he'll trip. Sometimes I see it coming, others I'm caught totally off guard. So funny...

#20869 - 12/30/05 04:12 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Well...I'm sure glad, I'm not the only sick one.
[Big Grin]

#20870 - 12/30/05 04:51 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Not about to trip or fall at my age if I can help it but something weird in all of us make us laugh at a fall, someone else's fall, LOL [Big Grin]

Anybody remember Prell shampoo, bright green liquid in a bottle? I found out before my divorce that my husband was out and about in the stipper bars acting like a young stud and I found out he was spending "alot" of money then pretending to be broke in the lawyers office so I decided to teach him my kind of lesson. Every night he'd come home shower, shave and go out to play usually after starting an argument. He used nothing but Prell on his full head of actually quite beautiful wavy silver white hair. He was 22 years older than I. The young dancer he was bopping had long gorgeous blonde hair I was told. I told him the boys and I were going to be gone the entire week-end to my moms in Indiana. The boys and I all packed, left. That night the young dancer showed up and went inside (MY HOUSE) and stayed there all night. The next morning a lot of screaming and commotion could be heard coming from my house so my neighbor called the police as we had planned earlier, when they arrived they found both him and his whore with bright green hair and skin. The word spread and he was the laugh of the town, don't know or care what happened to her....You see I put an entire package of green dye into that shampoo so when they took their romantic shower together, whalla munchkins!!! The boys and I had actually left for Colorado where we stayed nearly a year. You see its not nice to fool with mother nature especially when she is young and pissed....Wouldn't do that now at my age?? Or would I???????? [Wink] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!]

#20871 - 12/30/05 04:57 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Wow, you really have a creative mind, don't you, Chatty??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#20872 - 12/30/05 05:01 AM Re: Another menopausal moment
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
They say the insane usually do and this man I loved so much back then made me crazyyyyyy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved