The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#165763 - 11/16/08 05:03 PM Anyone else not feeling much?
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Am I the only woman here, who isn't feeling much in the way of hot flashes, sweats, headaches, etc. in perimenopause/menopause?

My periods are slowing fading away..just getting less intensive/shorter. And I may experience one brief warm flush in face for....only 5-10 min. Usually when I have just woken up from sleep.

#165765 - 11/16/08 06:17 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: orchid]
Ellemm Offline

I didn't have much in the way of symptoms -- some hot flashes, a few night sweats, and not much of anything else. I am *so* glad that part of my life is finally over and I can stop supporting the feminine products industry. I didn't think I'd ever get there. My biggest problem, for years preceding, was very heavy periods, probably due to fibroids. Other than that, I'm fine.

#165780 - 11/16/08 07:46 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Ellemm]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My symptoms are masked because I'm on the pill, and I have to say, I'm thankful for that.

orchid, I wonder if there's ever been a study about women who remain physically active throughout "the change." It would be interesting to know if they suffer less symptoms. I'm thinking this because I know how active you are. Anyone ehard anything like that?

#165783 - 11/16/08 08:01 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Yes..there are many studies about the correlation between physical activity and the symptoms of menopause. Apparently if you remain active and do physical excercise, most women will have less occurance of menopausal symptoms..

I just wish I wasn´t so lazy!!! I do my yoga faithfully yes..but the rest...I am hopeless right now. tired Could be the endless days and nites that are just one eternal nite right now, here in Sweden tired It´s cozy inside..with little lamps and candles..so, I don´t like venturing out. I work with kids..so I get out with them..I HAVE to..and that´s it!!! tired

#165817 - 11/17/08 04:41 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: humlan]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Orchid, I never had a hot flash or mood swing (other than the normal non-hormonal ones!)

Poet and essayist

#178409 - 03/27/09 04:27 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Ellemm]
Kathryn Magendie Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
I haven't and didn't have much problems - a few hot flashes but nothing major and I rarely have them now. I did go into menopause relatively early - my late 40's (I'm 52 now)...

One thing I noticed on the positive side is that my moods feel more "even!" I'm not a moody monster anymore.....! I guess my horror-moans were always messed up and menopause fixed them!

#178575 - 03/28/09 09:29 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: ]
Kathryn Magendie Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
Dang, sorry Anne that you have the cruddy menopause symptoms! Have you tried different diets? Like more protein and less "white carbohydrates" - walking and light resistance training?

#178994 - 04/02/09 04:54 AM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm post menoposal and most of the hot flashes, thank heavens, are gone...once in awhile I'll get that creepy crawly feeling inside that makes me want to jump out of my skin...but, basically that's it. I am finally, offically an old fart...the only thing I do now is complain and b*%#h about things and talk about my aches and pains...it's wonderful!

#179114 - 04/03/09 04:03 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: Dee]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I have hot flashes.

#179131 - 04/03/09 06:19 PM Re: Anyone else not feeling much? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, does being post menopausal qualify you as an old fart?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved