The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94976 - 11/13/06 07:10 PM Menopause insomnia?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Check this out, www.bedtimebeats.com. It's a classical music CD with low tempos that will lull you to sleep. What do you think?

#94977 - 11/13/06 07:21 PM Re: Menopause insomnia?
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
snore....veeeeery relaaaaxing.

#94978 - 11/13/06 10:50 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I don't have flashes/flushes, nor sweats but I have been suffering from men insomnia for the past month. I hope it is only temporary. Music has a reverse effect on me. It wakes me up because I love it. Well, tinnitus does not help as well. Someone told me at work to try wave sounds similar to the ones that babies use.

#94979 - 11/13/06 11:45 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have worked the phones late nights for so long that even now after quitting, I can't fall asleep before dawn usually. I do most all my editing then. I write then as well as my mind seems sharper and more imaginative at night. I am usually going to bed when the sun is rising, hey why not, I'm single, foot loose and fancy free...No more schedules governing my life. At last!!!
Lola, I have a small table fountain in my bedroom and the sound of the water cascading over the rocks is very soothing and calming when one is all keyed up, or suffering from insomnia. They are reasonably priced and it might help.

Edited by chatty lady (11/13/06 11:48 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94980 - 11/14/06 07:52 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, what is men insomnia? Oh! Menopause insomnia. What a doofus I am. Now I get it.

#94981 - 01/30/07 10:11 PM Re: Menopause insomnia?
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My sleeping habits are wee hours these days. Flashes too. I am saving big bucks on the heating bill tho. Of course the laundry bill eats that up.

chick

#94982 - 01/31/07 01:15 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: chickadee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
chick... it doesn't get better. At least, it hasn't for me and I've been post men going on 20 years. I crave sleep, but can't seem to get enough because my body won't rest itself... Hope you (or anyone else) don't develop the same problem.

#94983 - 01/31/07 01:39 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I have had problems with insomia the last 5 years or so. Now I discovered if I drink a glass of red wine before going to bed, it knocks me out...and I sleep through till morning. I feel like I'm newly born; what a difference.

#94984 - 02/01/07 04:56 AM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
has anyone tried melatonin? it's in the health food store, and I was wondering if it's any good or has side effects.

Poet and essayist

#94985 - 02/01/07 02:11 PM Re: Menopause insomnia? [Re: Lola]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Quote:

tinnitus does not help as well.

Lola,
My husband has had Tinnitus almost all his life. A couple of years ago I discovered "N Acetly Cystine" (N.A.C.) at the health food store. After taking it for about a month, his sinuses cleared up, his hearing improved, and he rarely ever complains of the rining in his ears. He had a long standing appointment at the Hough Hearing Institute and were surprised to learn they have studied NAC and discovered it to be about the only effective treatment for tinnitus.

Maybe it would help your bells in the ears too.

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved