The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86225 - 08/25/06 07:38 AM Is this menopause
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Well I think I'm finally going through menopause but wonder how that can be as I still get regular periods. Is this normal? (I'm 50 in three months) I must read through some past posts as I'm sure what I am experiencing has been written about before. Every four months since last year I go through the weirdest feelings. Like my life is out of control. I feel like I have a fever, feel nauseous like I have the flu, have red cheeks etc. This lasts for a few days and then goes away. It seems to happen at the end of my period. Also, I feel depressed like everything is changing and I can't control it. I find I want to quit my job, move, change my life as I know it etc. I find this very worrisome because if it were not for my kids, I probably would make some major changes maybe without putting much thought into it. Today I had an especially bad day and just felt really sick and tired that I have to work to support everyone (I'm a single parent with three kids) Maybe I want my care free days of my youth back or something. Some days all the responsibility really gets to me. Especially in the summer when my kids are all off having fun without a care in the world. I hope my feeling this way doesn't last long.
Anyone else experience this and does this sound like menopause or am I going through a mid life crisis?
Katebc

#86226 - 08/25/06 09:31 AM Re: Is this menopause [Re: katebcca]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Whether it's menopause or not, you might get some relief from St. John's Wort.

My biggest problem during menopause was depression, feeling worthless, etc., and the St. John's Wort allowed me to feel more like myself again.

#86227 - 08/25/06 04:44 PM Re: Is this menopause [Re: dejavu]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Thanks. I do take St. Johns Wort and have taken it for years. I weaned myself off of anti-depressants 6 years ago. I wonder if I'm taking enough or the right dose as I have been taking the same amount for years. I take two 300 mg capsules in the morning every day. Is it better to take it twice a day, a higher dose etc. I really notice it if I forget to take it for a few days so I know it does work.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Katebc

#86229 - 08/25/06 07:34 PM Re: Is this menopause [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you look at your children and wonder what they would taste like, marinated...it's menopause.

If you listen in church and want to, at some point, stand up and announce to the preacher, "For the Love of God will you end it already?" ... it's menopause

#86230 - 08/25/06 07:43 PM Re: Is this menopause [Re: jawjaw]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Quote:

If you look at your children and wonder what they would taste like, marinated...it's menopause.

If you listen in church and want to, at some point, stand up and announce to the preacher, "For the Love of God will you end it already?" ... it's menopause

Bwaaaaahahahahahaha!!

#86231 - 08/25/06 09:40 PM Re: Is this menopause [Re: dejavu]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
If you dream of far away islands where no one exist but you and Sam Elliott ... it's menodreaming...not menopause

However, if you dream of far away islands where no one exist but you and Sam Elliott and you're kicking him off the island because he said AGAIN, "What do you mean you're burning up?" then ....THAT's menopause. MEN-O-PAUSE...they just don't get it.

#86232 - 08/25/06 10:20 PM Re: Is this menopause [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Try looking at these sites:

www.everythingmenopause.com
www.howtoconquermenopause.com

The site founder is a NABBW associate.

Kate, you should tell you Gyn. about your symptoms. Maybe she'll have some suggestions.

#86233 - 08/26/06 02:49 AM Re: Is this menopause
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Katebecca, I would also suggest having a blood test. It will rule out many other things that have similar symptoms and yet are not menopause....Now listen JJ, Sam Elliott is mine, you have Elvis. Just because he's dead doesn't mean you can put your grubby little paws on my very much alive hunky Sam! God will getcha for that.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#86234 - 08/26/06 08:18 AM Re: Is this menopause [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Men-o-pause ? That's sooo good and so obvious. Why didn't I ever see that? We need you JJ to open our eyes !

Kate, menopause is behind me...but I still get that "what am I missing in life" feeling. Still I bow to you. Single mom with 3 children is a heavy load...and you have every right to feel like the ceiling is comin' down. I hope for your sake that you find a partner that lives closer to you; that could be a big reason for your blues, honey.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

#86235 - 08/26/06 08:23 AM Re: Is this menopause [Re: Edelweiss]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
From talking to friends, the one thing I have found is that everyone's symptoms are different.

I will turn 50 in six months and have been going through menopause for over a year. I get emotional on a monthly cycle even though there's no period - that's a good thing

I never made the connection of the "missing out" feeling as part of it too - so you have opened my eyes.

Donna

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved