The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#20420 - 04/04/05 11:11 PM help :)
LindaF Offline

Loc: MN
ok ladies I am wondering if anyone else out there is going through peri-menopause. I am going to be 49 in June. I was diagnosed with a fibroid last winter that is being left alone for now as I am told it will shrink once I hit menopause. It is small anyhow but causing very hard flow periods, even though I only flow about 4 days. But the emotions! yikes. I either want to scream at someone or cry or both at the same time. I tried some soy products but they tasted awful. I am taking a soy supplement but have no idea if it does any good. I am going to ask my dr at my next check up.
Just wanted to know how others are coping with all these hormonal changes. thanks.
Linda

#20421 - 04/05/05 01:13 AM Re: help :)
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Linda, I was the queen of PMS before we even knew what it was. Itt was full blown PMDD: pre menstrual dysfunction disorder. I had a window of about 10 good days, and 20 bad days. My mood swings were a source of contention at every evaluation at every job. The supervisors would say, "Great work, but those mood swings have got to go!" In 1994, I was near to losing a job for that reason. As a property manager, that meant losing our residence, too. I went to an endocrinologist who had run a PMS clinic. Very compassionate MAN who prescribed Zoloft. It helped to manage my moods significantly, with few side effects. I was able to regain credibility on the job. Since then, I've had chemo, and that induced immediate menopause. But I still take a mood modifier. (Now Celexa) Also, I had endometriosis for years that went undiagnosed. It got diagnosed when I was 38 and thought I was pregnant. The OB said that if I had been pregnant, chances are I wouldn't have carried to term because the endometriosis caused so much scar tissue. Soy and OTC meds did nothing for me during PMS and menopause. But the vanilla soy milk tastes good on cereal. I go straight for the pharmaceuticals! Yes, please see a doctor. Good luck, love and light, Lynn

#20422 - 04/05/05 04:30 AM Re: help :)
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Linda if you scroll to the top of this page and click 'Forum Home' and then click onto GENERAL at the upper left hand corner of the page that comes up, it will bring up all the posts under this topic and you'll find many comments on peri-menopause and others that'll keep you busy for awhile. Happy reading. [Wink]

#20423 - 04/05/05 08:01 PM Re: help :)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, good for you to point Linda in the right direction.

Linda, I was experiencing similar symptoms. My gyn put me on Yasmine which is a low dose of the pill. I'm not a pill popper by nature. I rarely take Tylenol. But this medicine has done the trick. I figure I'll stay on it until I'm through menopause. I decided to look at quality of life. My periods are regular and my mood is much improved.

#20425 - 04/05/05 10:40 PM Re: help :)
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hey, I already have that!

#20426 - 04/06/05 01:08 AM Re: help :)
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
One of the OTC products that I found to be quite useful for menapause symptoms was ESTROVEN.

#20427 - 04/06/05 05:18 AM Re: help :)
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Linda,

I can relate. I have a large fibroid on my uterus. I am 47 and have been battling heavier and heavier periods since i was 40. I am now carrying extra clothes with me and I am on the strongest birth control pill made.

I have been through every test and procedure so I can rest assured my female parts are not ill, just old. Endometriosis concerns me somewhat.

Like I said I am on the pil and my blook flow is heavy but is mostly clots the size of small fish guts. Really gross!!

I have had it. The pain is unbelievable for 3 days while I bleed heavy for three days then go light for anotehr 7.

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on June 8. I am lokling forward to it. I don't think I will like June 9th but the pain I will feel will heal and the monthly garbage will be gone.

My moods have become better on the pill so I believe a little estrogen afterwards will ward off what ails me.

Thanks for the tip Chatty...I will check out everyone's comments since it is a topic very close to my heart right now.

Lynn

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved