The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#219080 - 06/16/13 09:34 PM Finger nails
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Anybody else have dry, thin, peeling finger nails? Mine seem to be really bad anymore. frown I have begun to use rubber gloves when I do the dishes, or do any other cleaning. I have also quit wearing fingernail polish for the time being and that seems to make my nails even more brittle. I have put all kinds of lotions and potions and special polishes on my nails, but nothing seems to work. I don’t have any health issues. (Unless, menopause is one!) laugh Thyroid and everything else is really really good! I contribute my dry nails to my hormones, or lack of, for the reason my nails look so bad anymore.{Big Sigh}

#219081 - 06/17/13 12:50 PM Re: Finger nails [Re: Cookie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mine are really bad. Been having problems for years. Just started using "Nail aid" and non-acetone polish remover. TV ads say Wal-Mart sells it. But searched there for weeks and then went online and bought some. Have only used it twice, thus far.
Will let you know if it works. IMHO wearing gloves dries out the nail bed and causes more destruction. So you might not want to leave those gloves on very long. Just sayin'!

#219082 - 06/17/13 01:30 PM Re: Finger nails [Re: jabber]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Jabber! I really appreciate your response. smile I guess everything is age related anymore, blah, lol. I do have my hands in water a lot. I am always cooking, (or cleaning) and it seems quicker sometimes to just wash things up by hand instead of putting items in the dishwasher. Today, I am making loaf bread, rolls, and muffins to put in the freezer.

Thanks again, Jabber. I will look for some "nail aid" at Wal-Mart next time I go. I guess everyone has moved on to Facebook, and has left the forums over the years. I don’t do Facebook. I’m not real interested in it, nor do I have the time. I really miss the flurry of activity that use to be around here though.

#219083 - 06/17/13 04:25 PM Re: Finger nails [Re: Cookie]
jabber Offline

I go back and forth between FB and here. These are the only sites I visit. I like Anne; she's so cool. Guess the others like putting pictures on FB but I can't be bothered. Good luck. I couldn't find Nail Aid at our Wal-mart. But it's easy enough to find on the net.

#219086 - 06/17/13 10:46 PM Re: Finger nails [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Our Shea Butter is awesome! Many have come to use to tell us it's helped their hands immensely!

#219092 - 06/18/13 12:30 PM Re: Finger nails [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

I love Shea Butter. And as you know I use a lot. But my nails were so bad, I needed intensive care. I use Shea's on them in conjunction with the Nail Aid. And they're beginning to heal, somewhat. Think it'll take a few weeks for them to start looking healthy, though.

#219196 - 07/10/13 07:41 PM Re: Finger nails [Re: jabber]
Surfsidecp Offline

Nails are related to overall health. Menopause, change in hormone levels, thyroid disorders, etc. can affect the nails but nutrition is key. If you are lacking in nutrients needed for your nails, they will become weak. Nails need vitamins - A, D, the B's (especially biotin), protein, calcium, essential fatty acids, hydrochloric acid and more. Eating a well-rounded diet of whole, fresh foods, getting plenty of rest, exercise and water will help.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved