The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 236 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#86203 - 08/25/06 02:45 AM Proper shoes
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I just was TOLD by a friend that I NEED to get proper shoes, since I stand most of the day on concrete in my soap shop. Being clueless about this stuff,I just wear flip flops or slippers!

So, does anyone recommend any good shoes? We have Kohls,Foley's around here...and Target! The friend told me that I need to spend, like 50 bucks, not 19.99!

How sad that I did not know why my knees and hips hurt so much that I have to take several rests a day. I just thought it was my body nearing 50 that was the culprit!

Anyone have any advice??

#86204 - 08/25/06 03:46 AM Re: Proper shoes [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey Di, when Dianne gets back from vacation you should ask her about the gym shoes and sandals made by the same company she is just crazy about. Says they single handedly cured her bad back etc. I don't remember the name of them, but some of the other ladies might.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#86205 - 08/25/06 05:51 AM Re: Proper shoes [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Di, have you heard of Birkenstock shoes? I swear by them. They have fantastic foot beds.
Here is a link, where you could order online if there isn't a store near you.
http://www.onlineshoes.com/landing.asp?type=brand&brandid=37&fo=drop

#86206 - 08/25/06 12:45 PM Re: Proper shoes [Re: Edelweiss]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Oh, I"ve had a pair of Birkenstocks since 1993. I love them, too,but the cork is not enough support. I use mine as ugly sandals now. They are really, really worn down.

I'm going MJM Designer Discount shoes today. i just got DH a nice pair and got an excellent price!

#86207 - 08/25/06 04:53 PM Re: Proper shoes [Re: Di]
Mountain Ash Offline

I found Fly Flots from Padders who import them from Italy just a treat.
The insole moulds to each persons foot shape.

Mostly they are sandles and mules.so not too far from flip flops but a world apart. Recently their catalogue shows town shoes and I cant wait to try them
Mountain Ash

#86208 - 08/25/06 09:40 PM Re: Proper shoes [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I love my Born shoes. I walked all over china with only one pair of Borns.
Anno

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#86209 - 08/25/06 10:15 PM Re: Proper shoes [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Di, whatever you buy, make sure they have good insoles and support.

#86210 - 08/26/06 01:00 AM Re: Proper shoes
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, when I worked in sales and for christmas at William Sonama one year I purchased a pair Of SAS shoes for standing and they are expensive , but they are good for walking and working in. My father sold shoes and I can fit anyone in a pair of shoes and boy do I hate to see people in a pair of shoes that are to big or to small , I can spot these people a mile away , or just about . You can really mess your feet up if you don't have the proper fit .

#86211 - 08/26/06 01:21 AM Re: Proper shoes [Re: Sadie]
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet, and I haven't found a comfortable pair of shoes yet.
Don't think I ever will.
But........I did learn to late, but am now letting every one I know to take care of their feet by wearing the right kind of shoe no matter how much they cost.
Lynne

#86212 - 08/27/06 09:10 PM Re: Proper shoes [Re: LSmith5434]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Di,
I think you have to pay more like $100 for decent shoes, maybe $50 on sale. There's a new store around here called the Walking Company (maybe it's called the Walking Store) that has rather attractive but fortifed shoes. Unfortunately most shoes for women are shoddy and temporary since women shoppers are supposedly more interested in fashion than comfort and health.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved