The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#19733 - 03/20/06 12:53 AM Dr McDougall
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Just wondering if any of you boomer ladies have heard of Dr John McDougall, read his books or even follow his plan? He's American and has written several very interesting books. I adopted his way of eating several years ago, lapsed slightly bringing back cheese and other dairy products into my diet, but I'm going back to excluding them again. I was much healthier without them.

#19734 - 03/20/06 07:07 AM Re: Dr McDougall
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've read his book but I found it too restricting and knew I wouldn't follow it. I like the plan I'm on, with Joe Dillon, The 7 Natural Laws. There was another woman on this board who has followed John McDougall's plan for the past 10 years, but she's no longer here. I'm sure she's around, probably, just not posting. Maybe she will jump in here and share with you.

JJ

#19735 - 03/20/06 07:29 AM Re: Dr McDougall
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
McDougalls plan is great and very healthful if you are into an all vegetarian diet. I do that myself and have several of his books but I do eat fish, chicken and some very lean meat on occasion. I do mostly concentrate on vegetables and grains and beans however....JJ is doing what works for her and it does work as she has dropped 19 pounds already and done it in a healthy manner....

#19736 - 03/21/06 12:40 AM Re: Dr McDougall
flossie Offline

Thanks for the responses, JJ and Chatty. I love the starchy vegies, grains and pulses, but like I said I have included some dairy products and occasionally have meat so I'm not a true McDougall follower. But having said that I have followed the plan for several years and have maintained the exact same weight (thereabouts!!) for the entire time, also very few winter colds and never the flus that go around....and I work at a school!

I have always been very interested in nutrition and like to read other ways of eating too, so I shall check out that book you have JJ, by Joe Dillon, my library doesn't have it I'm sorry to say. And well done with the 19lb loss too!!

#19737 - 03/21/06 05:11 AM Re: Dr McDougall
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well.....as of yesterday (I think it was) I'm down 20...but hey, who's counting, right?

ME! ME! ME! hahahah.....

JJ

P.S. Joe Dillon has a FREE CD and info plus shake samples they will send you when you visit their site. Honestly though...he has a wealth of FREE info on his web page, just there for the world. Everyone says he is a great guy....

JJ, again

#19738 - 03/22/06 02:14 AM Re: Dr McDougall
flossie Offline

Found his site, thanks JJ. What's your ultimate pound loss you hope to achieve? You'll be down a dress size already!!

#19739 - 03/22/06 03:12 AM Re: Dr McDougall
flossie Offline

I was reading through the long thread started by jawjaw about dieting and see Ladybug is the McDougaller. If you're around Ladybug, it would be nice to chat about your experiences with the program.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved