The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#19247 - 11/20/05 07:34 PM Since I've never been pg........
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I've been asking my pg darling Step-daughter what it's like. Yes,I have had pg sisters, but when they were having babies, I never thought to ask since I "thought" I'd learn myself so........

DSD tells me that a good way to describe what it feels like to have a human being move inside of her is to take my tongue and move it around inside my mouth. Now I have DH doing it since he's never been pg either! LOL!!

Another thing I thought to ask if the baby has shown any peronality. Like, if she goes shopping, does he/she like it? (since they do not want to know if it's a girl or boy) If the baby expresses uneasiness, maybe it's a boy!!LOL!

Or if, when she is cooking and the baby is content, maybe a girl!

She has gained 12 lbs and is in her 29th week. No gestational diabetes. Thus far everything is perfect! I have been advising her to never complain about any uneasiness or discomfort, as I know hundreds of women who would trade places w/herin a flash! She's a very happy pg mother-to-be. And DH is VERY excited too!

How would you describe being pg to someone who has never been?

#19248 - 11/20/05 07:54 PM Re: Since I've never been pg........
ladybug Offline

We were on our way to Colonial Williamsburg and had stopped at a motel for the night. I was sitting on the bed watching tv when I felt the first flutter, It feels like soft butterflies floating around in your tummy.

I worked up until his due date. I had no idea it was a boy and didn't want to know. At work one day a lawyer came in. She didn't have an appointment to see me and she was very abrasive. She also didnot bring any documentation with her to support her client's tax deductions so she was totally unprepared. In effect, she wasted my time and I missed my lunch hour. We were required to deal with anyone any time they showed up even if it meant loss of breaks or lunch.
I felt my face turning red and hot and told her we needed to stop this interview and start over. The baby did a complete turn over!

One night while in bed reading a pregnancy fact book I saw the outline of a foot sticking out!

I think most women will agree with me that the first time the doctor lets you hear your babie's heart beat is awesome! I cried.

[ November 20, 2005, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#19249 - 11/21/05 08:20 AM Re: Since I've never been pg........
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Yes, I am sure it is awesome. For me, seeing the ultrasound brought tears. In fact,I stare at it each day. The sad thing is I can take no credit for the baby. It's not my blood and I'll never know how it feels. But I share excitement with DH. He's been waiting for this for a LONG time.

DSD and her DH were indecisive for a long time. But I'd told her that, in her later years, she will regret it BIG TIME if she'd had the "choice" and not gone for it.

She will be 33 and he will be nearling 40 when the blessed event occurs!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved